PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair?!?

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I just thought about the mysterium of having long hair. You are directly associated with being a musician, an actor or someone who doesn't take life to serious. In some way it gives you a certain jazziness...

I had very long hair some 6 years ago and I loved it. Had to cut it because of a new job. Although I am still doing the same job, I decided last summer to let it grow again.

Maybe it is also something mentally driven, but I am not sure....as far as I feel good and it fits my lifestyle... :-)

Is anyone in here who still has long hair or who recently thought about letting it grow again?

"All power to the old rockers"

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I used to have really long hair, but since it became thinner and thinner I decided to shave it of. I like to keep it military short these days. Its not as fun as having long hair, but it sure dries faster in the morning :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I just thought about the mysterium of having long hair. You are directly associated with being a musician, an actor or someone who doesn't take life to serious. In some way it gives you a certain jazziness...

I had very long hair some 6 years ago and I loved it. Had to cut it because of a new job. Although I am still doing the same job, I decided last summer to let it grow again.

Maybe it is also something mentally driven, but I am not sure....as far as I feel good and it fits my lifestyle... :-)

Is anyone in here who still has long hair or who recently thought about letting it grow again?

"All power to the old rockers"

I had hair down to the middle of my back for many years & then hair down to my shoulders for a few years. My hair has thinned out on top, so I keep it shorter now. But if I had a full head of hair, I'd let it grow longer.

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I used to have really long hair, but since it became thinner and thinner I decided to shave it of. I like to keep it military short these days. Its not as fun as having long hair, but it sure dries faster in the morning

Man, what an old balding bunch! :p Me too! I have usually let it grow a couple months, shorten it up, then start again. I call it my public defender look. With the last round of thinning, I think it starts to look like I am trying too hard to be cool, so I shortened it up. I am holding off on the Matt Lauer shave thing for now. :D :p :D

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM
funny that this topic came up...i used to have really long hair too but have kept it extremely short (i can comb it with a towel!) and have had a pretty long goatee instead....i cut my goatee way back yesterday and am thinking of growing my hair long again. I have plenty of it so no problem there but there is quite a bit of gray....

i have tried to grow it out a couple of times in the past years but get tired of it quickly so i don't know if i will get through the "bad" stages this time or not.

The kids are mad that i cut my goatee so i will probably grow it out again....

too bad we can't all have a great head of hair like our esteemed fretter robert.... :D :DR

http://warrenworld.com/fret/rob.jpg

ww

Spudman
January 10th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Oh my! I guess I'm in this boat too. While on the road I had long, wavy rock star hair. Now it's typical Joe middle aged thinning hair. When the barber asks me what I want I say "add a little to the top."

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Oh my! I guess I'm in this boat too. While on the road I had long, wavy rock star hair. Now it's typical Joe middle aged thinning hair. When the barber asks me what I want I say "add a little to the top."

Yeah, mine was wavy with loopy curls almost & *really* thick. My wife said I looked like Jimmy Page. I still have hair on the top of my head, but it looks imbalanced if I let it grow out. A little too Bozo-esque for my tastes.

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2007, 09:43 AM
too bad we can't all have a great head of hair like our esteemed fretter robert.... :D :DR

ww

Mine was never that long. Back in the day it was more of a parted in the middle Bruce Jenner, heading toward Shawn Cassidy sort of thing. Gack!!

P.S. Why does mine seem to migrate down my neck onto my back. sigh.

marnold
January 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I never had long hair. Thankfully that while there is a touch of gray, it's all there. If I let my hair get too long, I start to look like the fifth Beatle (Leppo).

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I still have all my hair and probably will till I'm way old but it's back to being short. Had it long to my waist for about several years but got tired of it always being wet. Cut it all off about 3 years ago. Clippers with guides are your friend.

Robert
January 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I had long hair too, I was a heavy metal teenager. My hair is now thin and rare to find, except when I go into shredding mode, then I use secret techniques to get that beaver fuzz on me head.

Lev
January 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
"beaver Fuzz" - sounds like a great name for a distortion pedal :)

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Octave Fuzz + Das Fuzz = Beaver Fuzz

ummm makes sense to me. ;)

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 03:16 PM
electro-harmonix big muff + octave fuzz = beaver fuzz :D

makes even more sense....to me....

ww

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Ehrmm.. Beaver Fuzz doesnt exactly sound like the hair you have on your head...

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 03:21 PM
my point exactly!! :eek:

ww

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Any old pictures you dare to post? This would give us quite an impression of the described hair.....

Lev
January 10th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Or maybe a 'Beer Fuzz' pedal - makes you think you sound great until you listen back the next day :D

...sorry I digress - back to long hair talk!

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well, I think now we discoered how some of those stupid pedal names come to life.....throw in some stupid hair talk and end with the pedal of al pedals inspiring generations of guitarists.

Beaver Fuzz :-)

Great.

Can somebody photoshop a pedal to a beaver fuzz pedal?

Spudman
January 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM

That sounds more like a Britney and Paris thing.:eek:

Here is a trip down memory lane. Looking like this got me plenty of, ahem, pedals.

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Spud! You used to play in T-Rex didn't you!!! :D I'd post a pic of mine but they're all boring fishing pics.

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Okay, that's me in my old Fender days with the Maiden guys. I am the one on the right hand....at that time I have already cut off half of my hair :-)

SixStringJoe
January 10th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I always wanted to grow my hair but could never do that. Since a couple of months I'm letting it grow and will eventually have to trim it if my boss notices something wrong. I'm hoping he'd let me do it :)

Lev
January 11th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Seperated at birth?

sorry Spudman, couldn't resist ;)

warren0728
January 11th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Seperated at birth?
now that's funny....i don't care who you are!! :D :eek: :eek: :D

ww

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Seperated at birth?

sorry Spudman, couldn't resist ;)

Since you're Irish and I am too then you know that I'm going to pummel your head for associating me with that douche bag.

Lev
January 11th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Since you're Irish and I am too then you know that I'm going to pummel your head for associating me with that douche bag.

Sorry Man - Pints on me the next time you visit Ireland! At least when I'm drunk the pummelling won't hurt so much!

warren0728
January 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry Man - Pints on me the next time you visit Ireland! At least when I'm drunk the pummelling won't hurt so much!
hey lev....look at the bright side...even after the pummeling you STILL won't look like michael bolton!! :D :eek: ;) :D

ww

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
hey lev....look at the bright side...even after the pummeling you STILL won't look like michael bolton!! :D :eek: ;) :D

ww

If that is an associative remark I'd like to remind you that I have friends in the Mafia where you live. Please DO NOT associate me with him, that one guy. If anybody it should be Tommy Bradford from the TV show.

Lev, we'll do the pints thing for sure because skulls hurt my knuckles too.

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2007, 10:12 AM
If that is an associative remark I'd like to remind you that I have friends in the Mafia where you live. Please DO NOT associate me with him, that one guy. If anybody it should be Tommy Bradford from the TV show.

Dang dude remind me not to piss you off! :)

I remember Tommy Bradford and his hot sisters sssssssssss. My favorite was the cute young Brunette. The redhead was cute too in a smarty pants sorta way. My favorite episode was when Tommy was trying to win tickets from the local radio station to the Ted Nugent concert. If I remember correctly his character also played guitar.

Lev
January 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Great. sounds like a typical night out in Dublin, Pints followed by a big fight! All we need now is a Leprucan to act as referee and Riverdance as the half time entertainment. :D

Wow, what a thread - long hair, beaver fuzz, michael bolton and irish street fighting!!

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Great. sounds like a typical night out in Dublin, Pints followed by a big fight! All we need now is a Leprucan to act as referee and Riverdance as the half time entertainment. :D

Wow, what a thread - long hair, beaver fuzz, michael bolton and irish street fighting!!

Toss in a few smokin' Irish lassies and I'm in. :p

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Only sick Irishmen can truly appreciate such a fine thread. This is the stuff we normally talk about, right? I normally get too pissed at the end of the night to remember what exactly started the fight, but I'll love ya come morn.

ShortBuSX
January 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I had long hair since jr high...cut it all off after I graduated. Ive had short hair for bout 15 years now...started growing it out again last year, bout a year and a half later its just past my shoulders. Ive got thick somewhat curly blond-ish hair...my hair line is a little receading, but still thick...I figure Im gonna grow it out while I can. Ive got a cool job that doesnt really mind...but they do give hell about it daily(jokingly)...its funny though, I get more crap off the bald dudes than anybody. And to that I normally just repond to that like "see this(I run my fingers through my hair)...when was the last time you were able to do that???" They usually shut up after that.

alanfc
January 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I keep it long-ish, on the shoulders... my job is OK with it.
I've got such a scrawny neck that I look old and female with short hair. Like an old lesbian actually. Not good for 40 yr. old 50% single dad looking for a new lady.

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've got such a scrawny neck that I look old and female with short hair. Like an old lesbian actually. Not good for 40 yr. old 50% single dad looking for a new lady.

LMAO

PM me for growing long hair fast secrets.

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
If anybody it should be Tommy Bradford from the TV show.

LOL, that was the familiarity I was sensing. Can I join for pints too? I have ancestors from Tipperary, and Norway. Guess that makes me Norish, or I-region. :p I could volunteer as the Norwegion Leprucan.

Katastrophe
January 11th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I hate to admit it, but I had a mullet for a while.

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I hate to admit it, but I had a mullet for a while.

Pics, pics, pics. Gotta have some.:D

Lev
January 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM

:D :D :D :D
This has to be one of the funniest threads ever on theFret

ShortBuSX
January 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
LMAO

I gotta hear this too...Im sure its gonna be good.

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM

If you like cardboard and/or carpet it ain't too bad.:eek:

What the heck is a 50% single dad? Are you half a dad?

alanfc
January 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
If you like cardboard and/or carpet it ain't too bad.:eek:

What the heck is a 50% single dad? Are you half a dad?

uh oh I don't know what you mean about cardboard/carpet :(

50% single dad, meaning, time-wise during the week my Ex and I have my daughter with each us equal time throughout the week. Afterschool, dinnertimes, overnights. She has her own room in each of our apartments, etc.. My Ex has a fiancee and I'm on the hunt (single)..
I just wanted to distinguish between the full-on Single Dads and myself..their job is harder.

alanfc
January 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
LMAO

well how about an all-out endorsement for my secret:

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Office/5687/Propecia.JPG

when I was about 37 I noticed a bit of shiny scalp showing, glaring, on my crown. Then got me to the doc asap and got the prescription. It not only stopped the loss but it grew back in there. I think the re-growth is only in 30% of cases. (finally Dam*it,,, I never win anything). No I don't work for Merck ! :)

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM
uh oh I don't know what you mean about cardboard/carpet :(

I just wanted to distinguish between the full-on Single Dads and myself..their job is harder.

You'll have to see the South Park episode where the kids get a hot substitute teacher.

In some ways being a 50% is harder. Who decides when they get haircuts, style, clothes. Our daughter was growing her bangs out to have a new style and her other parent cut her hair. Boy was she bummed. She was going for long hair herself (beaver fuzz to come after adolescence).:eek: :D :D

alanfc
January 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
You'll have to see the South Park episode where the kids get a hot substitute teacher.

In some ways being a 50% is harder. Who decides when they get haircuts, style, clothes. Our daughter was growing her bangs out to have a new style and her other parent cut her hair. Boy was she bummed. She was going for long hair herself (beaver fuzz to come after adolescence).:eek: :D :D

yeah I'm lucky my ex and I get along like brother and sister now,, and agree on everything. ..and we live about 3 blocks away from one another.
Its been about 5 years apart. My daughter was 3 at the time. We were together for 15 years and in marriage counseling for 9 yrs. ! We tried.

duhvoodooman
January 11th, 2007, 06:05 PM
On the palms of your hands doesn't count, Tone....

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM
On the palms of your hands doesn't count, Tone....

LMAO. hahahaha

Seriously I have ancient snake oil formula for aspiring rockers that are in dire need of long hair quick. Hmm maybe I should market this stuff!

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 04:14 AM
LMAO. hahahaha

Seriously I have ancient snake oil formula for aspiring rockers that are in dire need of long hair quick. Hmm maybe I should market this stuff!

I just wonder how you get the oil out of the snake? Squeeze? :confused:

duhvoodooman
January 12th, 2007, 05:38 AM
I just wonder how you get the oil out of the snake? Squeeze? :confused:
I can't believe that the snake is too thrilled about that.... :eek: ;)

Mark
January 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Had hair down to the middle of my back, cut it all off some 25 years age. I am fortunate though at 52 I got a thick head O hair. I dont think I could deal with longhair again out here during the summer its just too hot.

Tone2TheBone
January 12th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah summer heat burning through your hair on your back is bad...even with a pony tail. What used to bug the crap out of me was anytime I was doing something like changing the oil on the cars or something my hair would fall in my face and I'd be trying to blow it out of the way....used to bug the hell out of me. Especially on windy days! I could have just put a cool *** bandana on my head though like a hippy or pirate. :)

Big_Rob
January 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Nope, I dont farm hair anymore. The corperate world frowns upon that, and since I need a job,,, Well you get my point.

Other than that, #0.5 shaved fade is how I keep it cut

Tone2TheBone
January 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Here's the hippy holding a trout that he spanked on the San Juan River (as per SS's nudging)

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM
ahh.. Mr Page I presume!

ShortBuSX
January 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM
ahh.. Mr Page I presume!

I was thinkin more along the lines of Tony Little :D
http://www.shopgetorganized.com/images/p18304b.jpg

Sorry, I know Im a newb and dont hardly know you...but I couldnt resist.:D

warren0728
January 12th, 2007, 12:37 PM
now that's funny shortbusx!!! uncanny resemblance!!

tone's little brother....Tony2TheLittleBone :D :eek:

ww

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Well, at least he doesnt have Hair2TheBone

Tone2TheBone
January 12th, 2007, 05:13 PM
LMAO. That was a good one Shorty hahahaha Yeah that's pretty close to being my clone there. ;)

sunvalleylaw
January 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Tone, do you sport the big guns like that? You must be . . .toned

Hogfullofblues
January 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM
LMAO! Too funny! That bass looks pretty small compared to your hair. Just funnin ya, Tone.