PDA

View Full Version : Ngd, not sure if this counts as a RI

Shane_Paradis
March 11th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Hey guys! Just picked up a sweet 1993 Duo-Sonic in Arctic white. The guy had talked superb care of it, swapped out the ugly white pickgaurd for a brown tort. I'll be swapping the pickups and tuners soon. Good little project guitar.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160311/7d911ed79edb8bc2b1e40890901009e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

marnold
March 11th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Cool! I'm only vaguely familiar with these guitars. I know the alt-rock people seem to love them. I guess I didn't know that Fender made a 20-fret neck.

tjcurtin1
March 12th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Wasn't there a recent Squier version of the Duosonic? Do these sound essentially like a strat without the out of phase tones? It is a pleasing looking guitar - like it with the tort guard.

Spudman
March 13th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Interesting. The body shape looks right, but I wonder when they changed from the original Duo Sonic?

I was traveling around the US in the 80s playing music and stopped back in to what you might say was my home city music store (it's just where the band landed the most often) and found my Duo Sonic hanging on the wall. It was instant love for me. She was red with a rosewood fingerboard and several sliding switches like you find on a Fender Jaguar, and she played like a dream. I got this for a really good deal...and it was a 1966.

I was such an idiot too. I put a humbucker in the bridge and eventually sold it. Shoot me!

Congrats on your new guitar and I hope you enjoy it.

Shane_Paradis
March 13th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Wasn't there a recent Squier version of the Duosonic? Do these sound essentially like a strat without the out of phase tones? It is a pleasing looking guitar - like it with the tort guard.
Sounds more like a tele in the in between sounds. But it really has its own thing going on

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk