PDA

View Full Version : NGD - Epiphone Sheraton II

tjcurtin1
June 23rd, 2016, 11:53 AM
My first ever Craigs list score! I have been wanting something with humbuckers with a warm tone, and got sent on the quest by all the ES-339 posts. I listened to lots of clips, then found myself checking Epi DOTs and the Joe Pass Emperor, and went to see what was on Craigs list. In the 'other items like this near you' category was this Sheraton. From what I heard on youtube, this had the kind of sound I was looking for. The seller was asking $300 with a hard case, a very good price. By the time I got to him, he told me that three other people had looked at it and been freaked out by a crack in the finish where the neck meets the body - and that if I was interested, he was willing to take $200 for it (!). For that price I figured it was worth a look see. Someone had sanded the finish off the back of the neck but had done a nice job, and there was a crack in the finish at the neck joint, but the neck seemed entirely solid, so I took it. For $200, I could hardly go wrong - the case was easily worth $100. It plays like a dream and the sound is beautiful - slightly chunky neck, but it feels good. I think that I'll be thinning the electric collection, as this git and the Wildkat have become my go-to's. I sold my CV strat and may do the same with the CV tele and my Danelactro...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/tjcurtin1/Guitar/Sheraton%201.png (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/tjcurtin1/media/Guitar/Sheraton%201.png.html)

Jimi75
June 23rd, 2016, 11:23 PM
A Real beauty - congrats! These Epiphones are decent guitars. Enjoy her :-)

tjcurtin1
June 25th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Jimi - this is partially your fault, with your 339 demos! I am really enjoying this guitar. I have become an Epiphone fan the last couple of years just from playing them - they do make nice instruments.

Jimi75
June 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
My apologies ;-) Am happy to hear I could inspire you.

tjcurtin1
June 25th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Well, your playing is always inspiring, for sure!

Katastrophe
June 26th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Congrats! That is one beautiful guitar.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

duhvoodooman
June 27th, 2016, 08:26 AM
VERY nice!!

tjcurtin1
June 27th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks, guys - I'm pretty pleased and excited with the new git!

sunvalleylaw
June 28th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Nice! HNGD!!

Robert
July 7th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Well congrats, that's certainly worth 200 bucks!