PDA

View Full Version : 6 strings or 12 ? Guidance needed

Luxion
July 5th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Struggling newbie here, I have a GS Mini, which I enjoy, so my struggles cannot be blamed on the instrument.
I am considering switching to a carbon fiber guitar (Emerald X7 if the budget allows it) as I "dislike" having to keep my guitar humidified and I'd prefer to have something that does not require constant care (I like camping and the outdoors and would like someday to bring the guitar along).
A friend suggested I should get a 12 string as it "would be easier to play", not really sure as I struggle with 6 strings as it is, and I'm not sure more strings would make it easier.

I'm learning to strum, fingerpicking seems like galaxies away. klingeltone kostenlos (https://klingeltonemp3.info/)
Should I stick with the 6 strings or would the 12 string help?
I am planning to line up an instructor in a month or two.
Advise please,
tags:

marnold
July 5th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I don't think a 12 string would be easier. It certainly would be 100% harder to keep in tune! I'd suggest going to a guitar store and trying out as many acoustics as you can. Carbon fiber certainly would be more maintenance free. It will also probably be more expensive. Once again, try them to make sure you like the tone. Doesn't matter if it's maintenance free if you can't stand the sound of it.

I find that with acoustics it helps to have a friend who can also play. That you can also hear the tone that people listening will hear.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

tjcurtin1
July 6th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Good suggestions from Marnold. A wood guitar is not really a high maintenance affair, unless you live somewhere with extreme conditions. From the little I have seen, carbon fiber guitars are very expensive, and I bet that would discourage you from just the kind of things that you are talking about doing, like taking it camping. Lots of folks get a second, relatively inexpensive 'beater' guitar for those kinds of situations.