PDA

View Full Version : Tuner for my new guitar!

stringedup
July 20th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Hey folks

So I have just bought a new Yamaha Acoustic guitar... And I am now looking to buy a new tuner for sale...I bought one for ten and it was a joke! there are loads on the market... i want a decent one....there are clip on ones to hand held ones....apps for phones... Any suggestions on the types other people use would be good! Something that is robust and gives an accurate reading. I have tried some apps to be fair and some are not bad , its just I don't want my phone near me when I am playing the guitar as It is my down town and Facebook buzzes and people calling.... so a digital tuner will suffice. There are some brands i have checked out: KORG, BOSS, Planet waves universal to Snark. I have to say Snark seems like it's coming out trumps I found a great Snark guitar tuner classified ads (http://www.for-sale.ie/snark-tuner) which is combined with a metronome! Thought that was cool! Accuracy of course is what any one wants. And some of my pals say that's there's are not that great either... so I am willing to spend a fair bit if it means I get a decent one that can last me for a while.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b433/soulsally88/snark_zpssdog6luw.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/soulsally88/media/snark_zpssdog6luw.jpg.html)

duhvoodooman
July 20th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I've had very good luck with the Snark tuners, both clip-on and pedal style, and they're very reasonably priced. The Korg Pitchblack and TC Electronic PolyTune pedals are very popular, though they will run you quite a bit more. From what I've read, the "ultimate" tuners are the Peterson strobe tuners, but those are REALLY expensive....

Robert
July 20th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Snark style tuners get my vote.

stringedup
July 20th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I've had very good luck with the Snark tuners, both clip-on and pedal style, and they're very reasonably priced. The Korg Pitchblack and TC Electronic PolyTune pedals are very popular, though they will run you quite a bit more. From what I've read, the "ultimate" tuners are the Peterson strobe tuners, but those are REALLY expensive....

Snark sounds good will check it out, korg does look good!

stringedup
July 22nd, 2016, 01:24 AM
Snark style tuners get my vote.

I have check out the website and seems to be a good range on there... including clip on ones and one chromatic one in one tuner...also i really like the Console tuner that also acts as Metronome...oooo choices choices!

marnold
July 22nd, 2016, 10:51 AM

Agreed. I like my Turbo Tuner, but it was far from cheap. I only got it so that I could actually set my intonation accurately. Plus my old Korg never seemed to like working with my bass for whatever reason.