PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Les Paul Studio wif white accessories

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Plank Spanker wanted me to show him this pic. I'm constantly changing stuff out on my guitars....keeps me away from crack and gambling and wild women.

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
keeps me away from crack and gambling and wild women.
those are probably less expensive than constantly changing stuff out on your guitars!! :eek: :D ;) :eek:

ww

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Plank Spanker wanted me to show him this pic. I'm constantly changing stuff out on my guitars....keeps me away from crack and gambling and wild women.

Looks really nice, Tone. How do the different style humbuckers compare separately and work together?

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM
those are probably less expensive than constantly changing stuff out on your guitars!! :eek:

ww

I dunno man some wild women can be pricey. Some that is. hahahaha ;)

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Cream´a´licious! The white made it all even better. Seems like the paint gives you enough crack(s)

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Looks really nice, Tone. How do the different style humbuckers compare separately and work together?

Thanks Sunster.

Neck pickup = 57 Gibson PAF (as was told by a Gibson tech) This pickup is the definative Les Paul neck pup. Warm, toney yet spanky when you want it.

Bridge = Dimarzio Virtual PAF. Zebra coils. Solid tone with great balance of low and highs. Can produce classic Jimmy Page bridge tones and high gain sizzle when you want to. (Yeah I know Jimmy split his coils.)

Combined neck and bridge pups = smiling results. This is my Beano sound. With the volume pots rolled back on both pups it is heaven. I love the sound of both pups together rolled back like that. You get different overtones coming through.

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM
i bet it sounds sweet...is it a one piece solid mahogany body like my '98 special?

ww

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
i bet it sounds sweet...is it a one piece solid mahogany body like my '98 special?

ww

No this one has a maple cap like the Standards. You can see the maple cap on the bottom of the guitar where there is a dent. Maple and the mahogany body. Used to be Alpine White but aged and burned to it's current cream color....and cracked with age and fire as Sweded noted. :) I tried posting a video clip of it but it didn't work. :(

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ok I forgot the video is at youtube. Warren go here to listen....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g1KqwfFCE4c

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 03:55 PM
cool....sounds good...is this the guitar that was burnt in a fire...or am i getting my stories mixed up.... :confused:

ww

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
cool....sounds good...is this the guitar that was burnt in a fire...or am i getting my stories mixed up.... :confused:

ww

Yeah it's the one and only remaining Gibby I gots. It came back from the flames ready to rock hardcore buddy. :R

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
It came back from the flames ready to rock hardcore buddy.
gotta love the gibby's....turn it up to 11!

ww

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Allright, someone give me the link to the old fire story so I know about the rest of the story please. Thanks, Steve

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Allright, someone give me the link to the old fire story so I know about the rest of the story please. Thanks, Steve

Stevo,

Go here....scroll down a few posts.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1005&page=2

Only thing is that I accidently deleted all those pics in the story. I have them at home and I think I'll put them back up for prosterity's sake. <<<<(did I spell that right?)

Plank_Spanker
January 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Looks sweet, T2B! :D

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Looks sweet, T2B! :D

Thanks Planker,

Yeah I wanted to be different. Everybody has white Les Pauls with black accessories. I once spray painted black pup rings and switch ring and pickguard a light sand color and had them on there. It looked cool that way but the spray paint up close was cheesy....

I remember liking that lighter color scheme from those days so thats why I ordered white stuff. I tried cream but cream on cream clashes.

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
....keeps me away from crack....
Hey, from what I saw here a couple of days ago, a crack habit would be a whole lot cheaper than a vintage Tele.....

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hey, from what I saw here a couple of days ago, a crack habit would be a whole lot cheaper than a vintage Tele.....
yeah...but no where near as fun to have!! :DR

ww

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I think wild girls would be more fun to spend crack money on though. LMAO