PDA

View Full Version : Holy Mother Mary!!!! I am scared!

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I found this by coincidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1QI9YTFwqc&mode=related&search=

Is this the dark side of guitar playing?
I think I peed my jeans and I will definitely sleep with the lights on tonight.

Looks like this big guy is beating the guitar.

Can you imagine this guy being your guitar teacher, hahahahaha....

Tone2TheBone
January 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm laughing at the comments people left him. hahahaha

snarph
January 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Oky Doky :) Can you ouch

duhvoodooman
January 11th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I am shocked that you guys couldn't discern the strong undercurrents of sensitivity and subtlety in his playing! :eek: ;)

Geez, until he started doing those 6-string sweeps near the end, I was convinced he only had two strings on the guitar....

Re: the Youtube comments, I really enjoyed "see you in Valhalla, mighty warrior!" Yeah, beating the **** out of a guitar is sure to get you there! LOL!

As you may have gathered by now, death metal ain't my thang..... :D

warren0728
January 11th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I am shocked that you guys couldn't discern the strong undercurrents of sensitivity and subtlety in his playing!
lamo....his playing almost brought a tear to my eye....guess those undercurrents got me without me knowing it! :D

ww

stingx
January 11th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I must agree that the comments are the best part. I was laughing really hard.

tot_Ou_tard
January 11th, 2007, 08:11 AM
The best thing is that when I clicked, over in the related videos section
were:

"Guitar shred solo with crappy drums"

"Death metal guitar playing 3": By the same disciple of Ragnarok.

and the third on the list?!?

"Sweep Picking - Arpeggios -String Skipping": from our favorite local shredhead Robert!!!

That is just beautiful. Seen any Valkyries lately Robert?

duhvoodooman
January 11th, 2007, 09:14 AM
lamo....his playing almost brought a tear to my eye....guess those undercurrents got me without me knowing it!
Better be careful who you call a "lamo"! He's a pretty big guy!! ;) :D

Justaguyin_nc
January 11th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I kinda liked it... didn't think about it before.. but I guess pumping a guitar 12 hours a day could build muscles and stamina.. I would have passed out after the one minute mark... that was a good example of sweeping and showed how practice does indeed improve your guitar playing... I also noticed the picture of him in the Sweep Picking - Arpeggios when he first began.. he really pumped up since then... :)

warren0728
January 11th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Better be careful who you call a "lamo"! He's a pretty big guy!! ;) :D
lol...guess with those tears in my eyes i couldn't see the keyboard very well!! :D ;)

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
For Death Metal I thought it was OK. I couldn't do it any better.

Mark
January 11th, 2007, 11:55 AM
OK call me a closed minded old goat and I'm damned proud of it. To me that was just six stringed masturbation. Totally devoid of soul, no feeling just the din of someone who has some very good "technical dexterity with a guitar"!
Hey I did good I made it through two thirds of the "session". I wont put that genre of "technical dexterity with a guitar" down as Im sure some might enjoy it, but I find no pleasure in listening to it. Thank god he didnt "sing" to it.

Katastrophe
January 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Well, the guy did have some impressive technique, but it's durn near impossible to hear the individual notes due to the 9 million tons of distortion. I couldn't really tell y'all if I liked it or not, 'cause I couldn't make anything out in the first place.

Ro3b
January 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I kinda liked it... didn't think about it before.. but I guess pumping a guitar 12 hours a day could build muscles and stamina.. I would have passed out after the one minute mark... that was a good example of sweeping and showed how practice does indeed improve your guitar playing...

I liked it too. I can't shred like that at all. If I had chops like that, I might be doing something a bit different music-wise, but I'd also enjoy being able to pump out some real balls-to-the-wall parent-frightening evil if I got a mind to. Sure it's masturbation, but that doesn't mean it's bad. :R

snarph
January 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
would you say that was more buddy guy or albert king ?

Spudman
January 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM

More Kerry King.:D chugga chugga.

duhvoodooman
January 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
More Albert Anastasia.... ;) :D

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 04:17 AM
More Kerry King.:D chugga chugga.

I saw Mr King up close at a slayer concert many years ago, and he is a pretty terrifying dude!
He is a really good guitarist though...