PDA

View Full Version : Site is very slow to load the last few days

tjcurtin1
January 22nd, 2017, 06:30 PM
As in 45 to 60 seconds!

duhvoodooman
January 22nd, 2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah. Like the proverbial molasses in January. Robert said it should be fixed in a couple of days. He trundles off to NAMM and the whole place goes to hell... :poke ;)

Robert
January 23rd, 2017, 05:46 PM
The boys are working on a fix. Apologies and hang tight!

duhvoodooman
January 24th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Working MUCH better now! "The boys" appear to have succeeded!

Robert
January 25th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Yes!

marnold
January 27th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Tapatalk support has been broken for a while too.

duhvoodooman
January 27th, 2017, 07:58 PM
And while we're at it, the forum won't let me change my profile pic.

Robert
January 29th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Yeah the pic is permanent. You will always look like Jimi here. Hey, ain't that a good thing?

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Yeah the pic is permanent. You will always look like Jimi here. Hey, ain't that a good thing?
Nope, not my avatar pic. Actually, I was wrong--it's my signature pic, not my profile pic. It's the one that appears under the sig in a post--in my case, the shot of my 17 electrics. But I'm up to 20 now and want to update it. It's posted on my website, but the forum here won't allow me to update it.

Robert
January 30th, 2017, 03:56 PM
The permissions on the server has changed and I have to read some documentation to see how it should be set.

20?! What! No way were are letting you brag like that with a photo! :D

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Hey, gimme a break!! I don't use tobacco, take drugs, drink to excess, gamble, chase women, or drive expensive sports cars. Guitars & amps are my only vice, and most of those 20 guitars are inexpensive ($400 or less)! And as Walter Brennan said on The Guns of Will Sonnett back in the late '60s, the new photo is "....no brag, just fact." Besides, Spudman had over 50 last time I knew....

Here's a larger version--I'm just trying to post a little one, 500 pixels wide:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/dvm_guitars.jpg

piebaldpython
January 31st, 2017, 10:08 AM
Nice stable of gits Vood. haha Hey, tell me about the git, 6th from the right......just to the left of the purple. Me likey!

Robert
January 31st, 2017, 10:57 AM
Check the photo uploads now! Should be fixed.

duhvoodooman
January 31st, 2017, 12:34 PM
Hey, tell me about the git, 6th from the right......just to the left of the purple. Me likey!
Well, funny you should mention that one, because it's the next thing I'm putting up for sale!

That's a '97 Godin LGX 2000 with amber flame-top finish. Very cool guitar. I picked it up a couple of years back for use in our church praise band (as posted at THIS LINK (http://www.byocelectronics.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50750), including some good close-up photos). Bought it specifically because it has both standard electromagnetic pickups and an under-saddle piezo system for acoustic tones. But the membership in our praise band has changed substantially and I no longer need to be able to play both electric and acoustic, so it's just been collecting dust for the past year+. Would like to see it go to somebody who would really get some use from it, cuz it's a quality instrument. Gorgeous top on it, too! Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard. It has three output jacks--one for each of the two pickup modes plus a third that allows blending of the two. The volume control for the humbuckers also has a push/pull switch for coil splitting. I think I have an HSC for it in the basement, but I have to check that. I'll be posting it here and on a couple other forums very shortly. Thinking $600 + shipping, assuming I have that case. Otherwise, prolly $550.

Check the photo uploads now! Should be fixed.
Yep, that did the trick! Thanks, Robert....

piebaldpython
January 31st, 2017, 03:17 PM
Even with a relatively small pic....it looked like a Godin. Sweet, sweet axe! Not my particular cup of tea (electric/acoustic) but a quality axe from a great company.

A few years ago, I had a line on a Godin with P90s that I still kick myself for not making a run at.....c'est la vie.

Good luck with your sale!