PDA

View Full Version : NAMM 2017 Photos

Robert
January 24th, 2017, 07:24 PM
I had a great time at NAMM. Saw great music - Scott Henderson Trio and saw Kirk Fletcher, Josh Smith, Mark Lettieri, Matt Schofield and many killer jazz players too. It's so awesome to be there every year. The gear is just gear - I'm getting less interested every year... I go mostly for the people and the players.

What did I like the most regarding gear? Hard to say. I actually really liked the Frank Gambaly acoustic by Cort. It's very nice guitar for not a lot of money. The Xotic strats are super cool. Some nice Ibanez semi-hollow body, and the Eastman jazz guitars are sweet. Lunastone Overdrive was stellar, and the Friedman Runt 50 is very sweet.

So I took some photos with my phone only, and I've been posting them on Instagram. I just didn't feel like hauling around my DSLR and go through all the work to edit and share like I did last year. So, with that said, you can go look at the photos I took on my Instagram page.

You DON'T need to have an Instagram account to see the photos.

Here they are - NAMM 2017 Photos (https://www.instagram.com/robertrenman/)

I hope you dig it.

Jimi75
January 26th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Great pics and insights. Funny you mentioned a decreasing interest in gear...same here my end. Was never more willing not to buy another pedal - enjoying my gear, staying away from the hypes :-)))

marnold
January 27th, 2017, 07:08 PM
I'll have to check those pictures out. Interesting that Cort seems to be partnering with some big-name endorsers.

kidsmoke
January 31st, 2017, 09:16 AM
Hoped you were going to say the Heritage guitars JUMPED out at you. But you didn't so they didn't. Much as I hate trade shows, I would like to attend this sometime.

Heading to instagram now.

Robert
January 31st, 2017, 10:44 AM
Heritage guitars were great! I just didn't play them much. I was there to hang out with some people, but I have played them before and they are stellar.

Spudman
January 31st, 2017, 07:14 PM
Cool pictures. Did you play the Gambale Luxe guitar? What did you like about it? Sells for around $800 US.

Robert
February 1st, 2017, 10:13 AM
Yeah that Luxe guitar was really nice! Very easy to play and it sounded fine plugged in. A great choice for a performing artist.