PDA

View Full Version : My new 50s Tribute Les Paul (Gary Moore Tribute)

Jimi75
March 25th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Before no one is gonna post something...let me try to entertain you wit ha fresh clip of my still new Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul.
I came along with some Gary Moore inspired licks and so I decided to dedicate this short little clip to the man himself.

https://youtu.be/_-eE42Q-T-U

helliott
March 26th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Very nice tribute. I always liked much of Gary's material. Found he could be a bit bombastic but when he was at his melodic best he was amazing. Love that guitar too. Looks like a nice ride. Easy to play? Tuning stability? My LP Standard is a sweetheart but has that G string binding thing that never quite goes away. Anyway, sure looks like a nice LP.

Jimi75
March 26th, 2017, 02:28 PM
^ Thanks! Yeah the LP is extremely easy to play. Tuning stability is quite good as well. What amazes me the most are the PUs. I was quite sure I was gonna change them, but changed my mind within the first minutes I played this guitar.

You're right - Gary was a little over the top sometimes - I once saw him live and at certain parts it was overwhelming. Nonetheless, when he shifted into melodic gear it was something very special.

stingx
March 27th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Love that guitar, Jimi. You're playing is very soothing. Just awesome.

Robert
March 27th, 2017, 08:59 AM
That's great! Tell me more about that guitar. Where is it made?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marnold
March 27th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I really enjoyed that, Jimi. I agree with you on the pickups. They sound like keepers.

Jimi75
March 27th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Thanks my friends! The guitar seems like perfect out of the box.
@Robert: It's a US made Gibson. The PUs are Gibson's own 490s (R&T). Other than that the guitar is pretty basic, no bindings and other "bling bling". It's a highly enjoyable instrument.

tjcurtin1
March 27th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Sweet playing Jimi and the guitar sounds super.

Jipes
April 3rd, 2017, 06:29 AM
As always Jimi it sounds very nice and warm !

Jimi75
April 3rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Tig
April 17th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Beautiful playing and wonderful tone. This guitar sure looks and sounds like a keeper! :AOK

Jimi75
April 17th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Beautiful playing and wonderful tone. This guitar sure looks and sounds like a keeper! :AOK

Thanks! Yeah it's a keeper - no doubt. The best LP I ever had.