PDA

View Full Version : NAD - Marshall Vintage Modern Combo

Jimi75
April 11th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hey friends,

Although my Two Rock is the indisputable king of my tone, I was fed up of moving the amph every week for rehearsal. Weshare the room with another band and leaving the TR there is no option.

A good friend offered me his VM for a price I couldn't deny....
There we go...

Intended to be a Tube Screamer demo, this turned out to be Marshall playing fun :-))

https://youtu.be/D0fgxFVqqFI

https://youtu.be/VT5yDSMMvq8

marnold
April 11th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Sounds really good! I guess I was unaware of that amph previously. Since it's a 50W 2x12 does it have to get ear-bleedingly loud before you get Marshall crunch?

Jimi75
April 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM
It has a really well working master volume.

Jipes
April 12th, 2017, 04:16 AM
Oh Man you're sound good on everything, I bet if you would play through a boombox or a Ghetto Blaster you would still rocks :thumbsup

Jimi75
April 12th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Thanks a lot my friend, appreciate your kind words. You know, as soon as playing fun comes into play I kinda lose my accuracy, wish I would be more disciplined ;-))

stingx
April 12th, 2017, 06:36 AM
I love that LP, man. Those Tribute series LPs are just killer. Love mine to bits. Very nice demos. I noticed you have the same tastes as I. Same color strats with same colored pickguards, to name a couple.

Jimi75
April 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Hey it's nice to know someone with the same taste :-) These Tribute LPs are tone monsters. They also sound very transparent, which gives them a different character than the other heavier LPs. In the end it doesn't matter what the price tag says, those cheaper LPs kick some severe butt.

tjcurtin1
April 12th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Oh Man you're sound good on everything, I bet if you would play through a boombox or a Ghetto Blaster you would still rocks :thumbsup

+1 - you and Robert make whatever you pick up sound great!

Jimi75
April 12th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks a lot!!!

Robert
April 13th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Nice work. That's an amp I wouldn't mind having. They are very cool and versatile.