PDA

View Full Version : Hey, new to the forum

northshore4runner
June 5th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Hello hello from Massachusetts. New to the forum and hoping to learn some new things (mainly what to replace my Line 6 with lol). I used to play all the time back in the day but then adult life got in the way. Picked it back up this year. My "collection" consists of 2 Schecters, Omen Extreme and Synyster Standard, and a BC Rich Tripp Eisen signature series Wave

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/ef598635ff832da050986adbff4d6873.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/41b83036d467d06f880715db868c76da.jpg

piebaldpython
June 6th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Welcome to TheFret. I really like the looks of the bluish Schecter. What pups do you have in there?

Tell us about your Line6 and why you want to replace it. Do you want/need more or less power? Do you use pedals with the Line6 and if so, which ones? Gigging or bedroom playing only?

Robert
June 6th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Welcome! What music are you into?

northshore4runner
June 6th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Welcome to TheFret. I really like the looks of the bluish Schecter. What pups do you have in there?

Tell us about your Line6 and why you want to replace it. Do you want/need more or less power? Do you use pedals with the Line6 and if so, which ones? Gigging or bedroom playing only?

It has schecter diamond plus pups in it that are splittable. They actually sound really good for stock pups and they make the guitar super versatile.

The Line6 is a 75W Spider III that I've had for 10 or 11 years. The clean channels aren't bad, the features are nice, but any of the dirty channels sound awful. I've been making it work with a Sounblox Pro distortion pedal from Source Audio.

It's entirely bedroom playing right now, gigging isn't in the near future. I can't decide if I want to try another modeling amp or one of the lower-end solid state marshalls.

Welcome! What music are you into?

That is a long list, indeed. If you put my library on shuffle you could get John Mayer, DMX or Metallica. But lately it's been a lot avenged sevenfold, buckethead, parkway drive and Brian Setzer.

marnold
June 6th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Gotta love the (semi) pointies! Or, at least, I do!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

northshore4runner
June 6th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Gotta love the (semi) pointies! Or, at least, I do!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Same. The strat/super strat shape is probably my favorite

piebaldpython
June 7th, 2017, 11:02 AM
For an amp, I would recommend something from either the Blackstar ID-TVP series or the Boss Katana series. Both are well-regarded amps with good cleans and respectable higher gain sims. The ID-TVP series sounds like a super boost when you engage the TVP.

Jipes
June 16th, 2017, 08:16 AM
welcome on board !