PDA

View Full Version : Replacing My Amp

northshore4runner
June 9th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Looking for some input (see what I did there?)

Selling off my Spider III amp, trying to decide which direction to go. USB interface and either Bias FX desktop or free plugins, or iRig with with Bias FX for iOS. Not doing anything professional, just looking for some decent amp sims and basic recording/playback

piebaldpython
June 9th, 2017, 10:56 AM
See my previous post on your other thread. Both the Blackstar ID and Boss Katana amps have USB connectivity and access to their own special effects. Both are highly regarded.

marnold
June 9th, 2017, 11:48 AM
What music style(s)? What features would you need/like? What's your budget?

stingx
June 18th, 2017, 09:54 AM
What music style(s)? What features would you need/like? What's your budget?

Look at the guitars he's rocking, pretty easy to figure out what type of music he listens to. :rollover

northshore4runner
June 18th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Look at the guitars he's rocking, pretty easy to figure out what type of music he listens to. :rollover

LOL fact.

I decided to ditch the amp entirely. Using Bias on my phone and running it through my home stereo. Or headphones if it's late

marnold
June 19th, 2017, 12:08 PM

True enough, but there are a lot of different hard rock/metal genres, each requiring a different amount/style of distortion. I really like my Jet City for 80s metal styles, but it wouldn't work for someone who is interested in a super scooped sound. Can't really dial out the mids. The other questions still stand. :)

Robert
June 19th, 2017, 01:02 PM
For metal - digital stuff should work fine.