PDA

View Full Version : Videos of my Band

Jipes
August 4th, 2017, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure that I share with you these two nice videos shoot by the BAX a video platform dedicated to the promotion of regional artists

First clip is "Got a Girl" one of my original composition played in what I called "Mississippi tuning". The second clip is a cover of Lucky Peterson called "Good Thing". I play my two telecasters my NAsh TL-72 Custom Thinline in open tuning for the first one and my original Thinline Custom Telecaster. Don't forget to select HD and Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQNwrWIjcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBvqR8dJBJo

Robert
August 4th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Wow that sounds killer! Great tone, great playing and video looks great! What amp and pedals where you using?

Jipes
August 4th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Wow that sounds killer! Great tone, great playing and video looks great! What amp and pedals where you using?

Thanks a lot Robert i greatly appreciate your comments ! As for the amp it is a Fender Tweed Vibrolux (a 5F11 build) clone assembled by a friend of mine in Limoges (France). As for the effect a little slapback with a TC electronic Flashback Delay stompbox, a clone of TS808 (done by the same builder than my amp) and that's all :dude

marnold
August 4th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Wow! I'm blown away, Jipes! Playing and tone are both very tasty. The recording quality is off the charts.

Makes me wish I was a better guitarist. As it is, about the only thing we have in common is that our beards are graying in a similar way :)

Robert
August 4th, 2017, 12:07 PM
That's a 10 watt amp is it? Sounds sweet.

Jipes
August 4th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Wow! I'm blown away, Jipes! Playing and tone are both very tasty. The recording quality is off the charts.

Makes me wish I was a better guitarist. As it is, about the only thing we have in common is that our beards are graying in a similar way :)

Thanks a lot Marnold I'm just a persistent player :running I guess years have done their job training my ears. As for recording the video was captured live in one take but we recorded everything with separate tracks. As for the bear you damn right it's almost like a white father Christmas now :)

Jipes
August 4th, 2017, 01:19 PM
That's a 10 watt amp is it? Sounds sweet.

Yes it is but it can be quite loud I never had to use my Deluxe Reverb since I have this little gem

tjcurtin1
August 5th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Awesome Jipes! What everyone said above +1! Nice to see you all in action having listened to your CD.

BTW: Q: how can you tell a French blues band?

A: The bass player wears a beret...;)

Jipes
August 5th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Awesome Jipes! What everyone said above +1! Nice to see you all in action having listened to your CD.

BTW: Q: how can you tell a French blues band?

:thumbsup :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Jimi75
August 5th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Very good stuff! Exceptional quality.

marnold
August 5th, 2017, 06:39 PM

Is it the kind you find in a second hand store?

tjcurtin1
August 5th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Is it the kind you find in a second hand store?

Hmmm... wrong color...

Jipes
August 6th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Very good stuff! Exceptional quality.
Thanks a lot Jimi it was fun to record

stingx
August 9th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Quality playing and fantastic looking videos, Jipes. Very impressive to say the least. I really enjoyed watching these. Love your rig! To be honest, just listening to this with eyes closed reminds me of tuning in and listening to Austin City Limits. If you have more of these I'd love to watch 'em.

Jipes
August 9th, 2017, 05:31 AM
Quality playing and fantastic looking videos, Jipes. Very impressive to say the least. I really enjoyed watching these. Love your rig! To be honest, just listening to this with eyes closed reminds me of tuning in and listening to Austin City Limits. If you have more of these I'd love to watch 'em.

Thanks a lot stingx for your nice comments ! As for the videos they have been recorded by my friend Xavier mainly with Nikon cameras. he did many great videos on his video blog http:www.lebax.fr

If you want to see more of my band just stroll my Youtube channel I have plenty videos there
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fx1Zb1T5rx6EPo2ZR8egA

piebaldpython
August 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Jipes...........very tasteful playing. You sound great. What exactly is Mississippi tuning, low to high?

Nothing quite beats a low wattage tube amp because you can get those tubes to "really cook".

Jipes
August 9th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Jipes...........very tasteful playing. You sound great. What exactly is Mississippi tuning, low to high?

Nothing quite beats a low wattage tube amp because you can get those tubes to "really cook".

Thanks a lot I appreciate ! Hé hé no one was asking the question about the tuning I was surprised :thumbsup So from Low to High DADADD and it's variation in G DGDGDD the fun effect is due to the double DD on the high end and best effect obtained if you're not perfectly tune (chorus effect).

As for my amp I usually use it around 4,5 to 5 and that really start to crunch if you attack the strings hard