PDA

View Full Version : My Hendrix Covers - have a listen, please...

Jimi75
August 29th, 2017, 09:55 AM
It was the 2nd rehearsal with my new Hendrix cover band...
Have a quick listen and please bear in mind, this was recorded live...so yes, sometimes I've just lost the lyrics...singing and playing Jimi is quite demanding!

https://soundcloud.com/user-575605079/tracks

Jimi75

Jipes
August 30th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Dear Jimi it sounds fabulous you're getting mighty close to the original sounds and your band is tight. Are you doing a Tribute Band ? In particular I love the quiet moments when you're using all the Hendrix small licks which sounds so great.

as for your singing I found it very good and groovy I'm sure you'll get more relax and could even do it better as time goes. I realize when I sing Crosstown Traffic now after few concerts it's gettin' easier specially with the flow that this type of Up tempo songs need

Jimi75
August 30th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Dear Jimi it sounds fabulous you're getting mighty close to the original sounds and your band is tight. Are you doing a Tribute Band ? In particular I love the quiet moments when you're using all the Hendrix small licks which sounds so great.

as for your singing I found it very good and groovy I'm sure you'll get more relax and could even do it better as time goes. I realize when I sing Crosstown Traffic now after few concerts it's gettin' easier specially with the flow that this type of Up tempo songs need

Thanks so much for your kind words! It is so much fun to play Jimi's songs, not only do the feel very natural to us, but it's also great being freed from the creative pressure of composing and arranging.

Tig
August 30th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Beautiful!

tjcurtin1
August 31st, 2017, 07:21 AM
Wow, Jimi - awesome! It must be very satisfying to have the chops (and the fellow bandmates) to play this music so well -

Jimi75
August 31st, 2017, 10:16 AM
Wow, Jimi - awesome! It must be very satisfying to have the chops (and the fellow bandmates) to play this music so well -

Thanks a lot! It is indeed a pleasure to share the Jimi passion with my fellow bandmates. I think the chemistry is perfect and we've been talking about that project for so long, now the time seems right.

Hopefully, we will gig with this band from early 2018 on.

Still looking for a good band name that relates to Jimi...

Ideas are welcome :-)

Robert
August 31st, 2017, 10:42 AM
This is great Jimi! Sounds really great! What's your gear on these tracks?

Jimi75
August 31st, 2017, 12:31 PM
This is great Jimi! Sounds really great! What's your gear on these tracks?

Thanks Robert :-)

The gear used is:
Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Two Rock 35 amp
Fulltone Clyde Wah and DejaVibe
Vemuran Jan Ray
Custom made Fuzz/Octaver

piebaldpython
September 1st, 2017, 01:27 PM
Nice stuff Jimi............great playing.

I've heard nothing but fabulous reviews of the Vemuran Jan Ray.

Jimi75
September 2nd, 2017, 12:21 AM
Nice stuff Jimi............great playing.

I've heard nothing but fabulous reviews of the Vemuran Jan Ray.

Thanks! The Vemuram works perfectly with Fender/Dumble style amps and almost perfect with all other amps.
It's by far the best pedal I've ever played and I'd say it easily became the key to my sound. I've had several great pedals of which I thought they were amp like...the Vemuram is another breed - it is breathtakingly awesome with a that real amp sound and that special touch to the notes. I've played it one to one against a Timmy (there was a copy discussion) and the difference was huge.

marnold
September 2nd, 2017, 06:59 PM
Still looking for a good band name that relates to Jimi...

Ideas are welcome :-)

How about:
If Sechs Was Neun (with the built in double-entendre of how "Sechs" sounds in English)
Kiss This Guy (based on a popular mishearing of the lyrics)
Watchtower Society
Dolly and the Daggers

BTW, I enjoyed the tracks too :)

Jimi75
September 2nd, 2017, 11:14 PM
How about:
If Sechs Was Neun (with the built in double-entendre of how "Sechs" sounds in English)
Kiss This Guy (based on a popular mishearing of the lyrics)
Watchtower Society
Dolly and the Daggers

BTW, I enjoyed the tracks too :)

Thanks! The name ideas are pretty cool, the first one could actually work pretty well over here in good old Germany 👍

stingx
September 8th, 2017, 04:45 AM
I gave them all a spin, following you now too, and my only complaint is there isn't any more Hendrix tracks to listen to! I liked a few more than others but all sounded pretty damn good - please set your output a bit higher on your final recording output, I had to crank the speakers a lot to hear Little Wing, for example. Hella good stuff, Jimi75!