PDA

View Full Version : Boss Katana Clip

stingx
October 7th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Here's a quickie "Take on Me"-ish video of me playing my JV Strat through the Boss Katana 112. No special mic'ing - just as captured through my iPhone.
I used CyberLink PowerDirector for the editing.

The amp was set to the "lead" channel and some on-board digital delay and hall reverb were used on the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEiTZ-WFSVw&feature=youtu.be

tjcurtin1
October 7th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks for that, Sting - nice to hear what that amp sounds like, tho I guess from what I read that it has multiple voices, as it were. Nice playing, btw! And an interesting collection of instruments on the wall there...

stingx
October 8th, 2017, 10:14 AM
^ thanks!

piebaldpython
October 8th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Sounds great Stingx. Really nice playing.

Is that the 50W or 100W combo? Just curious, what did you think of the other channels! Also, did you also try the 100W head that has a 5" speaker?

Seriously considering going with the Katana.........just trying to figure out which one.

Tig
October 9th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Nice! :AOK

stingx
October 9th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Sounds great Stingx. Really nice playing.

Is that the 50W or 100W combo? Just curious, what did you think of the other channels! Also, did you also try the 100W head that has a 5" speaker?

Seriously considering going with the Katana.........just trying to figure out which one.

Thanks! I tried the 50w, 100w 112, and the 100w 212. I didn't want to be tempted by the head because I would have gone nuts with various cabs. I initially bought the 50w but returned it the next day and paid the diff for the 100w 112 combo for the extra headroom and versatility. Boss just released version 2 of their software and doubled the preset and stacked more effects. Huge changes to the outs and global EQ as well. Listen, here's the bottom line...I have one pedal that's like 4x more than this amp cost me. This may very well be the cheapest amp I've purchased but it is a kick *** product. Is it right for you, I dunno, go spend time with one and see. I spent a little time tweaking the effects and channels and not I just play. It isn't a modelling amp like a Vypyr. That's another reason I like it. You don't even have to touch the software if you don't want to and it still sounds great. I prefer less tweaking and more playing. This amp rocks.