PDA

View Full Version : Zman just dropped in again

ZMAN
November 15th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Well I haven't been here for 4 years I guess. Had a bout with the big C and survived. The Chemo took away the feeling in my hands and I have not been playing much lately. Sold a bunch of my guitars and I am down to 11. I have a guy coming tomorrow to pick up my 1996 Gibson LP Standard in Vintage burst. That will put me at 10. Do more Golf and Fishing now than anything. Been 4 years since the C and doing well. Even back to hockey.
Just thought I would drop by and say hello.
Brian

ted s
November 15th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Glad you’re doing well Brian.

piebaldpython
November 15th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Welcome back Zman........been a long time!

Robert
November 16th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Glad to hear from you! Welcome back. It’s great to hear the C is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marnold
November 16th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Great to see you again. Sorry about the health issues but I'm glad you made it through well.

tjcurtin1
November 16th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Congrats on beating your illness - I'm glad to hear that you are well, and it's nice to hear from you. 10 guitars still keeps you in play!

Brian Krashpad
November 24th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Thanks for stopping in. Glad you're still here and hope you can still get enjoyment out of guitar to the extent that you wish!

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Good to see you here, Brian, and to hear that you beat "the big C."

I'm an avid fisherman, also. Where do you go and what do you prefer to fish for?

Jipes
December 4th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Glad to see you back Brian ! Did you completely loose the sensitivity on your fingers ? Could you for example learn to play slide ? I'm just asking because I suffer from arthitis and had to reduce gauge of my strings but I'm wondering if theis can get worse with time..

piebaldpython
December 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Jipes---just interjecting here but yes, many players with arthritis and other related illnesses/disorders successfully learn how to play slide and or lap steel guitar.

Some, Billy Hew Lin comes to mind, have attached a prosthesis to the stump of his left arm and played lap steel with that. Look for his vids on YouTube.

Jipes
December 4th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Jipes---just interjecting here but yes, many players with arthritis and other related illnesses/disorders successfully learn how to play slide and or lap steel guitar.

Some, Billy Hew Lin comes to mind, have attached a prosthesis to the stump of his left arm and played lap steel with that. Look for his vids on YouTube.

Thanks a lot for your answer I'll check it out. Hope that it can also be a solution for Brian