PDA

View Full Version : First recording with new geetar

Hogfullofblues
January 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
The new G&L was opened tonight and I've been messing with it since I knocked off from work. Just realized I haven't eaten dinner yet. Oh well, I can eat tomorrow. Anyway, here is a quick one take clip while I still have some tips left on my fingers.

http://www.box.net/public/c987acfmdm

Full review will be forthcoming. But as neither the wife or the cat is all that interested and I am dying to share my excitement, what better place than with my FretNet comrades! Sounds stratish to me. What do you all think?

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 04:10 AM
It sounds really good Hog! Definately a strat sound, but I would really love to hear that guitar without the drive! Good Job!

Hogfullofblues
January 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks! Some cliche licks, but they're new to me!
A full review with clean sound samples will be posted soon.

duhvoodooman
January 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Nice tone on the new axe, Hog. Can see why you don't want to put it down!

If your calluses tear off, do what SRV used to do--stick 'em back on with Super Glue and keep jammin'!!! :DR

Jimi75
January 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Great tone - it has a beautiful "woody" and warm charakter!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey Hog , nice tone man ... hard to put down a new axe especially when you first get it , its like time stands still .. very cool blues my friend .. thanks for sharing ... 6S9L

kerc
January 16th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Definitely Strat-ish, nice tone there mang, kinda melancholic. I dig. What did you play your axe through?

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 05:14 AM
GOOD sound, Hog, and I liked the choice of BT to showcase it. Nice blues tune w/ good vibe, slow, bluesy stratish licks. Very cool.

M29
January 17th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Nice tone and feel Hog very nice!

M29

stingx
January 17th, 2007, 07:18 AM
The new guitar sounds great, Hog. You managed to lay down a pretty cool, laid-back, bluesy tone with it. Sounds fantastic. Congrats on the new guitar and I hope you play it till your fingers bleed!

Hogfullofblues
January 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks all!
I am liking this guitar even more the more I play it.
Kerc, that was thru the PODxt, which is all I ever use anymore. BTW, I'm starting to get this notion that I need to sell off the other guitars, buy a Warhawk, and then be in single coil and humbucker heaven.

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
You are absolutely correct except for the two words "sell off":eek:

Hogfullofblues
January 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
LOL. That is the part I am struggling with. Getting the Reverend is the easy part.

kerc
January 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hahaha, yeah, parting with gear is kinda hard...But I really feel like doing it. It's like taking out all the old clothes from your closet--feels liberating.

:D