PDA

View Full Version : Vox Promotion for Robert

Spudman
January 12th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Lets fill this thread totally with the words Vox, Vox Amp, Vox guitar amp, Vox Tonelab, Vox pedal, Vox tuner, Vox Modeler, Vox etc. and so on.

If it gets seen enough on search engines maybe the Vox Company will show Robert, our forum leader, some gratitude for all the Vox amps he has sold for them. Maybe they will offer him his choice of Vox gear.

It can't hurt to try. Lets go team!

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Right on! Stuff like this could work ;)

The quick brown Vox jumps over the lazy Vox Dog.

Voxy Lady!

Vox Town Traffic!

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2007, 07:43 AM
VOX
Rocks
Fox
Box

VOX in Box
Fox rocks VOX

Fox in box with VOX and rocks

Fox on VOX and rocks the box

Chicks with licks come
Chicks with box come
Chicks with licks and box in a box come

Look sir. Look sir Mr VOX sir.
Let's do tricks with licks and VOX, sir.
Let's do tricks with chicks and box, sir.

First I'll make a quick trick lick stack.
Then I'll make a quick trick VOX stack.

You can make a quick trick chick stack.
You can make a quick trick box stack.

And here's a new trick, Mr. VOX...
Fox on chicks and chicks on VOX.
Fox in box and box on chicks
Licks and rocks from VOX in box.

Lev
January 12th, 2007, 08:14 AM
VOX
Chicks with licks come
Chicks with box come
Chicks with licks and box and VOX come

....hmm, that means something completely different where I come from :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
....hmm, that means something completely different where I come from :D
Does it now?... :D

Robert
January 12th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Heh, thanks guys, you are too kind! Vox amps are good!

sunvalleylaw
January 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Lets fill this thread totally with the words Vox, Vox Amp, Vox guitar amp, Vox Tonelab, Vox pedal, Vox tuner, Vox Modeler, Vox etc. and so on.

If it gets seen enough on search engines maybe the Vox Company will show Robert, our forum leader, some gratitude for all the Vox amps he has sold for them. Maybe they will offer him his choice of Vox gear.

It can't hurt to try. Lets go team!

I was lead to this forum after googling for a review of Vox Ad series amps and found Robert's Dolphinstreet site, and videos of him playing his Vox and his review of the Vox. I asked him some questions about the Vox in the smaller forum he has there. He led me to this great forum. Of course here I found a lot of info about the Vox series from a bunch of Vox users and almost bought a Vox. I plan to add a Vox at somepoint to my amps. I believe the info here on this forum, and on Robert's site is the most complete, accurate and helpful info on the Vox AD series out there.

(how's that?, it's all true!) :) :D :DR

ShortBuSX
January 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Im quoting myself, from my Fret Players topic intoduction....I dont think Robert went back and read what Id wrote:

Dude...YOU! totally sold me on the VOX!!! Seeing you play your Tele on yours...right then, HAD to have one! I had considered several other different small tube amps, tried every one I could get my hands on....but after seeing/hearing you on the VOX...bought it! Your videos, lessons, pages, sites and forums have been a major internet resource for me...thanks for being soooo active and helpful. Thank you for being you! You rule! The internet and consumers need more people like you!

And as others have said(or implied) in the past...VOX needs to hook you up!
And Squier too!!
Seriously

SuperSwede
January 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Be careful, you might end up as a VOX aholic. Just like Mrs VOX ington down Vox Street. Actually she runs a local TONELAB and they do that Karate Kid thing ( VOX off VOX on ). Anyway with such a AD vance VOX like I have ( VOX TONELAB ) you can do a lot of fun VOX things. Super VOX out.

ShortBuSX
January 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Heres another who bought a Vox per Roberts influence: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=158

Im gonna keep posting links as I find them *shrug*

duhvoodooman
January 12th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Well, if it's VOX you want, it's VOX you'll get!! Because I own a VOX, and I love that VOX! The VALVETRONIX amps are an amzing value, with so many amp models and effects to choose from. Did I mention that two of those models are emulations of classic VOX amps, namely the VOX AC15 and the VOX AC30TB. If you're into those mid-'60's British Invasion tones, then a VOX is the only way to go. Remember those huge VOX Super Beatle amps? Mega-watts of jangly tonal goodness! I saw Tom Petty this summer, and they (he and Mike Campbell) were both playing through dual vintage VOX rigs. Not to mention they both played songs using those cool old VOX guitars with the teardrop shape. Petty had a 12-string VOX that sounded amazing. Yup, the prestige of the VOX name continues to shine on! Viva la VOX!

Spudman
January 12th, 2007, 05:54 PM
VOX
Rocks
Fox
Box

VOX in Box
Fox rocks VOX

Fox in box with VOX and rocks

Fox on VOX and rocks the box

Chicks with licks come
Chicks with box come
Chicks with licks and box in a box come

Look sir. Look sir Mr VOX sir.
Let's do tricks with licks and VOX, sir.
Let's do tricks with chicks and box, sir.

First I'll make a quick trick lick stack.
Then I'll make a quick trick VOX stack.

You can make a quick trick chick stack.
You can make a quick trick box stack.

And here's a new trick, Mr. VOX...
Fox on chicks and chicks on VOX.
Fox in box and box on chicks
Licks and rocks from VOX in box.

Jesus, I'm commin to meet ya. tOt has me laughing so hard I'm about to die. Maybe they'll bury me in a nice pine Vox.

NPauly
January 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I like to Vox with my Vox in a Vox ...

Or more simply put, Vox Rox!!

Vox, V-Vox, Vox, Vox ...

Heh, thanks guys, you are too kind! Vox amps are good!

Just good? Not great?

What would you consider to be a "great" amp, Robert?

Vox maybe? ;)

Robert
January 12th, 2007, 06:10 PM
A Vox AC30 from way back!

SuperSwede
January 13th, 2007, 05:36 AM
I played both the VOX AC30cc and the VOX AC15cc in a music store (VOX retailer) a couple of weeks ago, and I liked the sound from the VOX AC15cc better. Very warm and dark, almost mysterious :)

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Jesus, I'm commin to meet ya. tOt has me laughing so hard I'm about to die. Maybe they'll bury me in a nice pine Vox.

At least I didn't write "chicks with d!cks come". :D

VOX-out!

jasongins
January 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Based on the experiences and comments of everyone here with the Vox ADxxVT, and based on a demonstration I heard of the AD100VT in a store, I am on the verge of buying either the 30 or the 50. I am very much a beginner and will be playing at home. Strange question as it is, how do these sound at low volume? The time I have to play is in the evenings when my family is going to sleep, and I am certain they don't want to hear me learning to play. I think the 30 would be sufficient, but I don't want to be short sighted in case I ever get good enough and the opportunity to play with other people. Opinions?

ShortBuSX
January 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Based on the experiences and comments of everyone here with the Vox ADxxVT, and based on a demonstration I heard of the AD100VT in a store, I am on the verge of buying either the 30 or the 50. I am very much a beginner and will be playing at home. Strange question as it is, how do these sound at low volume? The time I have to play is in the evenings when my family is going to sleep, and I am certain they don't want to hear me learning to play. I think the 30 would be sufficient, but I don't want to be short sighted in case I ever get good enough and the opportunity to play with other people. Opinions?

I think its the PERFECT amp for that! You can crank the Gain, Volume and Master and then you can control the wattage on a knob on the back...so you are able to play at really low levels and still get GREAT tone!

Im currently staying at my dad's house for a couple of weeks till I can get into my new place. He goes to sleep early and Im able to play until late...he hasnt heard me yet...and I dont even have a legitimate door on the room Im staying in...so Id say its the perfect amp for low volumes at night...you will be pleased!

jasongins
January 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
ShortBusX -

You know, I was wondering what the relationship was between the knob on the back and the volume and master control on the front. Thank you for clearing that up. I think I am going to go with the 30. If I ever get to the point of playing with a band or performing, I will celebrate that moment by buying suitable gear at that time (always leave an excuse to buy more stuff).

Hogfullofblues
January 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM
The 30 also has a headphone jack in the back although I believe it is wired in before the tube, so the sound out of the phones is not fully processed. But still handy for silent jamming and somewhere I think I saved a link describing how to rewire it easily if you ever need that. Be sure to check out Duhvoodooman's website as he is a VOX master and includes a ton of helpful stuff there. Including VOX amps, VOX tones, VOX settings, VOX wiring, VOX presets, VOX links, VOX manuals, VOX info, VOX pictures, VOX modifications, VOX speaker, VOX default settings, VOX hints, VOX tips, VOX control panel templates, VOX websites and just about anything else VOX. Whew!

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
The 30 also has a headphone jack in the back although I believe it is wired in before the tube, so the sound out of the phones is not fully processed. But still handy for silent jamming and somewhere I think I saved a link describing how to rewire it easily if you ever need that. Be sure to check out Duhvoodooman's website as he is a VOX master and includes a ton of helpful stuff there. Including VOX amps, VOX tones, VOX settings, VOX wiring, VOX presets, VOX links, VOX manuals, VOX info, VOX pictures, VOX modifications, VOX speaker, VOX default settings, VOX hints, VOX tips, VOX control panel templates, VOX websites and just about anything else VOX. Whew!
Hog, I'd like the link that explains how to rewire the VOX AD30VT so that the line out comes after the tube in the VOX Valvetronix power section.

warren0728
January 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hog, I'd like the link that explains how to rewire the VOX AD30VT so that the line out comes after the tube in the VOX Valvetronix power section.
isn't that the truth....i don't understand why they wired it that way...

ww

Hogfullofblues
January 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Found it. Apparently I didn't save the link, just the description figuring it might come in handy some day.

I have installed an external speaker jack on my AD30VT. It is actually a headphone jack/direct out post the tube. All I did was put a toggle switch across the speaker wires so I could turn the internal speaker on and off. Then I put a stereo headphone jack in parallel with the switch so that it was always on. ( I put a resistor in series with the signal to attenuate it down to a headphone level).
Oh yeah, my toggle switch and phone jack were panel mount variety so I drilled a couple of holes in the back of the case and mounted them there.

I remembered it sounded easy, but I may have mis-spoke there a bit. Maybe one of the electronically gifted Fretters could chime in on this procedure. Hope this helps.

While were on the subject, I found this wiring mod as well in case anyone is interested.

"...on studying the schematics of the AD30VT (they're all the same 15-30-50) I saw that the line out jack definitely grabs the signal before the valve-reactor circuitry where so much of the tone is created. So obviously what you hear through the speaker is not exactly what gets to a PA system or recording station. Plus, plugging into the line out jack stops the internal speaker from working.

To remedy this, I popped the back of the AD30VT off, drilled a hole, and installed a sealed 1/4" jack in it. The jack is wired directly to the speaker lugs. I run the output of that jack through a Peavey EDI box (which I also use for my Classic 30 tube amp & cab), on to the PA system and every bit of tonal nuance makes it to the house system--it sounds great and records perfectly! Plus, I can still hear myself through the AD30 speaker. You could probably use a regular DI box as well if it can knock the speaker output signal down 40db or so. A Behringer DI120 (around $24) should do the job nicely and I plan to try that next (since I already own one). At any rate, this setup is working very well for me and perhaps someone else might also find it useful. This has made the AD30 a perfectly good gigging amp for me (even with the cheap stock speaker) and I beleive it will be even better once I swap out the stock speaker for an Eminence Rajin Cajun.

I had a chance to try out this mod with a Behringer DI120 (about $24) and it worked great. The optimum setting was at -20db"

jasongins
January 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Score another sales commission for Robert, and really to everyone else here. Taking your advice, I got my Vox AD30VT today. I've had it out of the box for 10 minutes and I'm already thrilled with it. It's plenty loud for the space I have, but the knob on the back is perfect for me since I practice at night when the family is trying to sleep. So far, I'm just having fun listening to the presets and goofing around with the manual settings. It sounds SO much better than my little Marshall MG10CD practice amp. I got the Marshall originally because the whole guitar thing was a bit experimental for me. I wasn't sure I'd stick with it, so I didn't want to lay out alot of money. Now I'm hooked.

Spudman
January 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
(sung to the tune of the Spam song from Monte Python)

Vox vox vox vox
Vox vox vox vox
Vox - wonderful Vox :)

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2007, 09:50 PM
(sung to the tune of the Spam song from Monte Python)

Vox vox vox vox
Vox vox vox vox
Vox VOX- wonderful Vox :)

Sorry dude, you were missing a Vox. ;)

Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok . . .

Robert
January 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats on getting a good, voxy Vox! Your sox really rox with a Vox! Hehe

Glad to hear you like the amp. As I always say, the Valvetronix amps are tremendous value.

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry dude, you were missing a Vox. ;)

Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok . . .

I thought it was Vuh Vuh Vox - Wonderful Vox ;)

sunvalleylaw
January 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Let's immediately call a silly walk convention to discuss it. :-)

Katastrophe
January 17th, 2007, 11:43 AM
You know, U2's lead singer got his name from a sign labeled "Bono Vox."

Brian May of Queen is famous for playing Vox AC30s

Tom Petty and Mike Campbell tour with Vox amphs (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) occasionally.

There, now hopefully this thread will show up on searches for U2, Bono, Vox, Queen, Brian May, Tom Petty, Mike Campbell, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

And, should anyone from the Vox company read this thread, here's a suggestion. Hire Robert Renman for a public / artist relations job, pay him serious money and let him play at public events and the NAMM shows. Sales will soar, I tell ya, soar!

I should charge for this kind of consulting work.:D

warren0728
January 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
i had the chicken vox when i was a kid....

ww

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
HAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! LMAO!!!! Warren!! That avatar beside that statement absolutely cracked me up!!! I got teeaarss in meyyyees I cantt seeQ@# hahahaha......

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
OOOOOOooooWWEEEEee! There! I had to wipe my eyes. Did you ever see anything as funny as that little monkey covering his eyes with " I had the chicken vox when I was a kid" beside him? That was priceless! OOOooo!
Oh, back to the thread. Yeah.
Vox amps were played at Woodstock. Famous guitarists have played Vox amps. At one time or another, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Keith Richards, The Beatles, The Animals, The Zombies, and other great rock icons all played Vox amps. Blues artists have used Vox Amps. Robert Renman uses Vox Amps. What have we learned? Let us review. Famous concerts=Vox Amps. Famous guitar players=Vox Amps. Famous bands=Vox Amps.
We may now produce the solution to this equation.
Robert Renman is a famous guitarist who uses Vox Amps. WTB.
Famous concert series featuring Robert Renman. Video wanted. E-mail with price.

And by the way, kids, if you can get your folks to take you to buy a Vox Amp... TELL THEM ROBERT RENMAN SENT YOU! And be sure they write it down, and tell them to send it to Vox!
It's just a matter of time, now.....

jasongins
January 17th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Should we start a poll of how many people bought a Vox VALVETRONIX from Robert Renman's recommendation?

M29
January 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox

elavd
January 17th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I bought the VOX AD30VT Valvetronix Amp after I heard it from ROBERT RENMAN ;)

duhvoodooman
January 17th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox Vox
Basic, yet highly effective!! :D

Spudman
January 17th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Should we start a poll of how many people bought a Vox VALVETRONIX from Robert Renman's recommendation?

The problem with that is we wont get the hundreds of Vox owners that are not part of this forum. :(