PDA

View Full Version : line 6 helix

helliott
March 10th, 2018, 04:47 PM
A while back bought a Helix. Taking my time seeing what it can do and if I can get sounds I'm happy with. Getting there. Here's a simple track, PRS CE 24, Helix, Garage Band.

https://app.box.com/s/8sznjx89legtzgskuggw9xbejy5km0sy

tjcurtin1
March 10th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Nice clean tones - what are the parameters of the Helix?

helliott
March 10th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Thanks. Amp/cab us double norm. Plate verb 5 decay, 23 percent mix. Red squeeze compression 56 per cent.

tjcurtin1
March 10th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Ah, I see - looked it up - that it's a multi effects pedal. Lots to play with there - I'd get lost!

helliott
March 10th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Sorry, thought when you asked parameters you knew.. Apologies. It's deep but a good project if you are not rushing

piebaldpython
March 11th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Wow, pretty pricey too! Hey, nice CLEAN tones out of that thing so far. Your clip showcased the Helix nicely. Dirty it up next clip with some slide and I'd be real curious how it handles that.

helliott
March 11th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Will do. Should note it's the Helix LT, so quite a bit less dough, and I got it used. Previous owner thought he could run it straight into an amp and get all the versatility, but that doesn't work well ... Amp models mean you are running preamp into preamp. You can use it as a pedal board but it's overkill for that. Ideally wants full frequency flat response powered speakers, so not like a real amp. But I am finding the tones and flexibility much funds and it's a good learning experience.