PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time comin'....

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2018, 09:58 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/05/01/gibson-guitar-chapter-11-bankruptcy/567821002/

tjcurtin1
May 1st, 2018, 08:27 PM
I read some years ago about the CEO taking over and rescuing Gibson, but it seems that he made some calls more recently that haven't panned out...

Robert
May 2nd, 2018, 10:12 AM
"As part of the bankruptcy, Gibson announced it will kill its innovations division."

Praise the lord.

marnold
May 3rd, 2018, 02:34 PM
"As part of the bankruptcy, Gibson announced it will kill its innovations division."

Praise the lord.

I wondered about that. What does that mean, exactly?

Also, what in heaven's name prompted them to buy Philips and Onkyo? Someone lost track of their "core competency."

Robert
May 3rd, 2018, 02:39 PM
I wondered about that. What does that mean, exactly?

Also, what in heaven's name prompted them to buy Philips and Onkyo? Someone lost track of their "core competency."

I think the upper management had some funky ideas that didn’t work out so well. Maybe they (CEO?) had the wrong background for what Gibson really needs? Just guessing. Or they created a vision of the company that doesn’t align properly with reality. Innovation... yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjcurtin1
May 3rd, 2018, 07:19 PM
Sounds like they would have been OK had they stuck with the guitars, as their guitar sales were actually up a healthy percent in 2017....