PDA

View Full Version : KO amps 15 watt 213

Robert
May 29th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Sweet little thang.

See https://www.koamps.com/214213.html for more details.

Based on a Magnatone from a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgVPG3L5Kw

stingx
May 30th, 2018, 08:58 AM
You got some really nice sounds out of that amp, Robert. Very good demo!

Robert
May 30th, 2018, 11:13 AM
You got some really nice sounds out of that amp, Robert. Very good demo!

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marnold
May 30th, 2018, 01:49 PM
It does sound great, but I think that Robert could plug into a concrete block and get some sweet tones :)

helliott
May 30th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Very nice as usual. Was the drive all amp? Reverb digital pedal? Lovely playing. Think I favour the clean sounds but both are cool.

Robert
May 31st, 2018, 10:35 AM
Thanks very much amigos!

The reverb/delay is from my DAW. Just a little bit of verb for the main parts of the demo. I used delay on the intro track, especially on the G&L guitar part. Ambient delays. I used delay on the solo too.

The drive is all the amp, except for the intro track solo. I used a little boost from an overdrive pedal, just to get a bit more "hang" with the single coils. It didn't change the tone really, just gave me a smidgen more sustain.

Gracias again!

Jipes
June 7th, 2018, 03:52 AM
Sounds really great Wasn't it too much when you set up the volume full up ? 15 watts is very loud usually. I love the vibrato and it suits well even with the crunch and distorded sound

Robert
June 7th, 2018, 10:10 PM
What do you mean by "too much"? Do you mean volume? I was using the Suhr Reactive Load, so volume wasn't an issue.

Glad you like it. Yeah the vibrato is super cool. I got into composing mode and had fun with that intro track... it's fun to do little mini-songs like that.

Jipes
June 8th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Probably didn't explain myself properly I was surprised that you could stay so close to the amp when you cranked up the volume, I can't stay too close to my Tweed vibrolux amp (which is only 10W BTW) not even at half volume. Do you know of he would ship to europe ?

Yeah because I'm using the Reactive Load and impulse responses on the computer, I'm not going through a real speaker cab. I can crank the amps as I want, and regulate the output level via my soundcard. Very handy for home use!

Shipping to Europe? I don't know. Just contact Kevin at koamps@gmail.com and he'll tell ya.

By the way, I'm going to Grenoble on July 9th for 5 days. First visit in France for me! My daughter (14) and I are going to Sweden in July, and she was on an exchange program last year and stayed for 3 months with a family in Grenoble. We figured, what the heck, let's stop by there on our way to Sweden.