PDA

View Full Version : Traveling in France

Robert
July 15th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Bonjour! I am traveling with my daughter in France. A lovely little down outside Grenoble. My first visit to France. We are visiting a family where my daughter was on an exchange program last year.

We love it here! Fantastic trips to the mountains, lakes, museums, castles, Grenoble and so on.

The dad of the family and I ran 10 km this morning, with their dog Raffa. Hot you can say, about 32 degrees Celsius and very hilly!

Some roads are so narrow with houses so close to the roads - so different than what we are used to. Many of these houses are from the middle ages - over 500 years old. Canada is only 151 years old, so different.

Now we go north to Sweden for a while, to see my family and friends.

I've posted some images on Facebook.

stingx
July 15th, 2018, 04:36 PM
There are many amazing places in France, Robert. Glad you're enjoying yourself. Take pics...

tjcurtin1
July 16th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Have a great trip! I have had friends from 45 years ago who were exchange students - it's a great connection to make; good that you are following up with your daughter's original experience.

Jipes
July 18th, 2018, 03:49 AM
Nice to hear that you appreciate my country :thumbsup I was spending the weekend not so far from you in Savoie The mountains are so beautiful and the air is fresh compare to my city. Wish you a very nice trip to Sweden I would love to visit there one day (I'm such a big fan of Sweedish Polar writers)

Tig
July 18th, 2018, 01:28 PM
There's a little bike race going on in that area at the moment. :socool
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/cycling/2018/07/17/TELEMMGLPICT000169648690_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqek9vKm1 8v_rkIPH9w2GMNtm3NAjPW-2_OvjCiS6COCU.jpeg?imwidth=450