PDA

View Full Version : A Track..opinions Please

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 14th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I had posted this track here a while back .. over the last couple of weeks I have sortta dusted it off and recorded some new guitar parts and re-mixed and eq'd ..this is a track from our project band. we get together on an irregular basis to write and record .. we have a pile of tunes in the can and have made some half assed attempts to sell them , but its way more fun just to lay em down, I was looking for a strong rock pop feel out of the re-mix .. any opinions or suggestions would be welcome ... 6S9L

SuperSwede
January 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I still have the original "head" that you posted earlier somewhere.. its a really good song.
The intro guitar is really nice and raw, it contributes a lot to the rock feel. And that solo is damn good! Be sure to post more of your tracks when you record next time.

t_ross33
January 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
:DR :R :D

but I need 20 characters so I'll add: Keep up the good work!

Trev

Lev
January 14th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I like that a lot, I love the Angus Young feel to the solo and the chorus is incredibly catchy. Awsome production! :)

warren0728
January 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
really good...listening to all you fretter's tunes make me realize just how bad i really am!! :DR

I have got to start devoting more time to playing and practicing and less time working!! :D

ww

snarph
January 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Quite tasty contemporary classic rock groove for sure :)

Hogfullofblues
January 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Oh yea, pro job there all around!. Catchy tune, great hook, sweet tone, excellent guitar work and even a cowbell, in just the right amount. That song sure sounds sellable to me.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Cheers .. umm yeah well it has been passed on by several labels .. timing is everything .. Hogfull you mentioned the cow bell thing , i added a little more to it on this mix and sorta thought i'd overdone it a bit still do in a way . i added some more dirty guitar behind the lead and verses .. nothing too pro about the recording , drums are live off the floor and the rest built up over time and recorded at various friends places .. i'm reworking the master in cubase... anyone find the vocals a little dry , and how is the level of the drums relative to the overall mix , i might add a little more verb to the snare.. just wondering what you all think of polishing it up a bit ..

stingx
January 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Love the vocals on this. They sound fantastic. Cool guitar parts and excellent use of effects here. I am no expert in home recording but I do know what sounds good to my ears and this is a very well recorded track that holds interest throughout and is quite catchy. The solo was just icing on the cake. I would bump it higher in the mix a bit but that's just nitpicking. Kudos on this. Very well done.

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Love it!!! Well done. Fun to hear a rocker posted. :DR

kerc
January 16th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Dammit, this is nice! Who sings, you? I like the raw voice. Love the groove and the "arpeggiated" melody throughout.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
THANKS .. our singer like the rest of us is a 25 year vetran of the club circuit and can literally sing anything , I kinda fell the vocal is a little dry effects wise and have toyed with a long delay , a slap back and a bathroom verby delay .. buy alot of listeners seem to like the rawness of the vocal ... my vocals are limited to harmonies and chorus on this track ..Guitar tracks are strats through fender vibro champ .. blackface bassman.. roland jc120..appreciate the kind words guys ..i'll pass them along to the rest of the gang .

Justaguyin_nc
January 16th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Really enjoyed it 6! thanks for the song.. its in my MP3 play these selections on the media player now..;)

Robert
January 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Nice Mixolydian feel to it. Good guitar sound! I dig it.

duhvoodooman
January 16th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Wow, very nice, 6S9L! Good playin', good singin', good recordin'!! :DR