PDA

View Full Version : Cort guitars

tot_Ou_tard
January 16th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on Cort guitars?

From what I understand the own the factories that make most Korean made guitars. But, they also have their own line whose models are not surprisingly like Schecter's (they make Schecters after all) but sell for cheaper.

SuperSwede
January 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I tried the Cort M520 recently, and it wasnt exactly breathtaking. The neck was probably the worst that I´ve tried in a while. The cheaper M200 was similar in quality, but really below Squier quality. The 520 has a nice push-pull coil split, and the pickups (Mighty Mite) was ok.

tot_Ou_tard
January 16th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I tried the Cort M520 recently, and it wasnt exactly breathtaking. The neck was probably the worst that I´ve tried in a while. The cheaper M200 was similar in quality, but really below Squier quality. The 520 has a nice push-pull coil split, and the pickups (Mighty Mite) was ok.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up SS.

Spudman
January 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Cort makes almost all the Ibanez Korean guitars and Schecters too. Ever notice the similarities between the Ibanez SZ's and the Schecters? I'm sure they do others as well. Just look for guitar designs that are similar to some of the Ibanez and Schecter designs with different headstocks. Those will most likely be made in the Cort factory.

There may be lemons for sure but plenty of the upper end Corts are amazing. I played Larry Coryell's Cort guitar before I put it in the case for him. That was a total professional guitar in every respect.

I'm not sure who the US Cort distributor is. That is where the setups usually take place before they go to the dealers. They might not have a division that is doing set up and is just shipping them straight to the stores.

Ibanez has several employees who daily go through hundreds of guitars and set them up. They check intonation, electronics, neck relief, overall appearance and workmanship. They then will ship them to dealers if they pass the audition.

Jimi75
January 17th, 2007, 04:54 AM
I have checked the Neil Zaza signature model, which is called NZS-1, if I remember correclty.

A beautiful guitar with great tone and feel. It has a kind of a Les Paul / PRS attitude with very war and smooth tone.

Cort build its guitars to absolute professional standard and they seem to have a lucky hand in chosind their wood and part suppliers. The other models I checked at the Frankfurt tradefair were all very good, too but the Zaza was exceptionel.

www.neilzaza.com

For those who wanna see the Cort in action.

tot_Ou_tard
January 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Ahh, so they are worth looking into. I guess you've got to try them personally and see what you think.