PDA

View Full Version : Be well, be safe - Covid19

tjcurtin1
March 12th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Looks as if many of us may be getting some unplanned woodshedding time... I hope that everyone stays well and safe in the weeks ahead. Best wishes to you and yours wherever in the world you are as we cope with this monster.

Ted

Jipes
March 13th, 2020, 03:57 AM
I was in preventive quarantine for 14 days with my wife as one of my colleagues had his children in contact with a Covid19 positive person. So far the epidemic seems reasonably controlled in France and where I live we have so far only 6 deaths. The mortality index is probably largely overestimated as many infected individuals have little or no symptoms and by the fact are not diagnostiqued as positive. They announced yesterday that they will close down all schools and universities to limit the spread of the virus

marnold
March 13th, 2020, 10:45 AM
My kids just heard that their spring break will be extended a week. Classes will be online until the middle of next month, possibly until the end of the semester. The problem is that my second son is in clinicals right now, so we're not sure how that's going to affect his graduation or licensure. Whatever it is, it will all work out. In my line of work it is hard, if not downright impossible, to be around people. At least with someone my age the worst case scenario is that I get sick for a few weeks.

helliott
March 16th, 2020, 09:15 PM
Best wishes, safety, and companionship to all of you. Springsteen said "you'll need a good companion, for this part of the ride." Amen.

Robert
March 18th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Schools closed here in Alberta and state of emergency has been declared.

Delivered a new phone to my father in law yesterday. He lives in a senior home. Today I’m not allowed to visit and he is urged to stay in his room.

Strange times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marnold
March 18th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Yeah, the WI governor banned meetings of more than 10 so all of our services are canceled for the foreseeable future.

Zip
March 18th, 2020, 10:37 AM
So like many of you, all our shows have been cancelled except the ones in the summer (July 4th ----> are all on...for now. Thankfully, I don't need to rely on that income to survive. Thoughts and prayers for all those that will be without income in the near future. Man, what a world!!

Jipes
March 21st, 2020, 04:58 AM
Stay strong and with a good spirit it might be pretty long but we will see teh end of the tunnel one day ! I never played so much guitar than during this locked down period