PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Backing Track member clips

Spudman
January 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Here is my take on the meodic backing track.

http://www.box.net/public/k0co670yv5

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Thats sweet playin spud what are you using.. very nice light feel and tres cool phrasing .. 6S9L

Spudman
January 16th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Thats sweet playin spud what are you using.. very nice light feel and tres cool phrasing .. 6S9L

I used the Vamp2 on the Ultimate Vamp setting, and for guitar a Samick AV4 and a Jimi Hendrix wah.

Robert
January 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Using the neck pup? Nice playing, Spud. Did you record the backing track too?

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Really nice, Spudman! :R You had a groove going there, for sure, and the wah just sweetened it up w/o going too "over the edge"... icing on the cake, if you will. Good job, TASTY licks, Spuds, keep em' coming.

Lev
January 17th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Sweet tone Spud and nice playing too. And the Samick doesn't even make your gear signature list!

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I gave it a shot Spuds. I added some Twin rev/trem for rhythm, and a lead line.

http://www.box.net/public/7l68lb8dur

Justaguyin_nc
January 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Spuds, Oldguy... thanks.. was a pleasure to listen to both versions...

Hogfullofblues
January 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Really enjoyed them both. Sweet sound and playing. Great jobs!

Spudman
January 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I gave it a shot Spuds. I added some Twin rev/trem for rhythm, and a lead line.

http://www.box.net/public/7l68lb8dur

That was cool. I love hearing what someone else can do with the same material. Sometimes I think: why didn't I think of that? after hearing someone else's take. It's all about sharing I guess.:)

oldguy
January 18th, 2007, 04:01 AM
That's kind of funny, maybe ironic is a better choice of words. I really dug your take on it and my thought was... that was really cool... I gotta be sure and try to play something different or Spuds will think I'm just trying to copy his playing. :D That's when I decided "no wah, no matter wha.." lol ..knew I had to forego the wah pedal, but loved it on your take...anyway, I'm rambling again.

I hope somebody else picks up on this one, I'd like to hear some other fretters interpretations... especially NO! NO! I'm NOT gonna say it, every time I do I jinx it and he doesn't post a clip.
C'mon, guys, (or..gals?), add to this BT, you'll feel better, honest.:DR

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Fantastic! Both versions was great! *applause* (Hey DVM, when are you going to make a applause smilie for us?)

FrankAxtell
January 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Nice work Spudman! nice sense of melody...I was really diggin' it!

Katastrophe
January 18th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Awesome, just awesome. It's amazing how two guitarists can give a different feel to the same backing track.

Music is nothing more than the sonic expression of emotion, and y'all both nailed it!:D

Mark
January 18th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Excellent work there gentlemen. You done did gooten!!!

zeusse
January 19th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Excellent work you guys really enjoyed both of them is that backer around I'd love to take a stab at it?

Spudman
January 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the kudos. I wasn't looking for them. I was just happy to have something other than 1-4-5 to play to for a change.

If you want to try it it is posted on the backing track forum in it's blank form.
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2304

I believe that is the intention for the 2 different forums under Home Recording. One is for the blank backing tracks so that anyone can have them in their pure form and then Member clips is where you post your version. That way folks can just go to the backing track forum and shop for something they want to play on instead of having to filter through other forums.

oldguy
January 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Nice work Spudman! nice sense of melody...I was really diggin' it!

Absolutely! A fine job, and a very good backing to jam too as well, Spudman!
You are correct about the split forums also, Spuds. Raw tracks to peruse under BT's, and Member's clips for our takes and interpretations, and any other clips members wish to post, amps, guitars, pedals, etc. Thank you.:D

Justaguyin_nc
January 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I can't get no screaming solos with this..or those sounds... but I did enjoy messing with it.. was relaxing actually.. thanks for the nice backing Spuds...

My take...

http://www.box.net/public/348olnil5b

oldguy
January 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wow! I wondered where you'd been lurkin', Justa. Now I know!
Bravo!:D :R :DR
You don't need no screamin' nothing! That was cool, laid back, and fit the mood. I think your take would make the ladies...swoon...is that still a word?:p

Spudman
January 19th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Justa...that was awesome. Such a different twist and so pleasant to listen to. Good job.

Justaguyin_nc
January 20th, 2007, 12:26 AM
thanks you two.... you always seem to inspire me with these backings.. leading to more play time for me..and more learning...:)

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Super smooth Justa! Very nice!

stingx
January 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I listened to all of your posts with this backing track, which is fantastic sounding by the way. You all captured great tone and chops and I was very impressed listening to you all. So I decided I would try my hand at this as well. Thanks for inspiring me to play.

I used my new Ibanez RG1570 through my microcube into my Zoom MRS-8. I am still not used to the fast neck on the Ibanez...feel like my fingers are skating on ice :) I'm used to having to fight my strats. I love it though. Anyway, you guys are definitely motivating so I hope you find this enjoyable to listen to.

http://www.box.net/public/pq4a6cxpcn

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Nice clip Pete! Congrats to the Ibanez, sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it.

Hogfullofblues
January 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
These recordings are such a pleasure to listen to, a great learning tool and definitely inspirational. I doubt I would have ever considered trying to play something like this if it weren't for everyone's excellent takes on this theme.
Each one was sweet, and different, and when I listened to the bare BT, I heard something diff as well. So here is my attempt to get what is in my head out. I even played with the whammy bar - first time for that too.

http://www.box.net/public/695u3gjj7b

stingx
January 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM
HFOB, lovely tone you captured here. I like how you have this laid back style of jamming. You leave ample space in your phrasing which lets the solo breathe.

It amazes me how all these people listen to the same backing track yet in their heads they hear something entirely different from anyone else and that's what gets recorded. :R

Spudman
January 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Good job Sting and Hog. Great to have some participaton on this.:DR

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Long time no Swede, so here is my take on this fine backing track. I only had a little time to sit down and record today so this is my first take (sorry to tone2thebone for the excuse thing :D ). I hope you like it!

Hog, lovely take on this track. I loved the whammy bar work! :)

http://www.box.net/public/y5yvi8r8ku

jasongins
January 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
This is too cool, like everyone looking at the same cloud and seeing something different. Can someone let me know what key this BT is in? I'm just beginning to play with BTs, and am a beginner in general.

Spudman
January 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Em is the key as far as I know.

Swede...that was very soulful. Tonelab?

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Em is the key as far as I know.

Swede...that was very soulful. Tonelab?

Thanks Spud.. yes it was the JCM900 model on the tonelab.

oldguy
January 20th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Great job, everybody! The interpretations are all different, and you all did the track proud. Hopefully we'll get some more before this one plays out.;)

This is too cool, like everyone looking at the same cloud and seeing something different. Can someone let me know what key this BT is in? I'm just beginning to play with BTs, and am a beginner in general.

I used Gmaj, and Gmaj7th for the softer passages, and the relative minor (Em) for the more powerful ones, as the root for rhythm. And the good ol' pentatonic scale, mostly, throughout for lead, as it's about all I can play competently (I think?).:D

Justaguyin_nc
January 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Sting, Hog and CarlosSwede... excellent job guys.. pleasure was all ours...