PDA

View Full Version : Slow Blues

FrankAxtell
January 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Slow blues solo in B minor....'62 strat, RC Booster into JMP 50 watt Marshall with 4x12 cab.

http://www.frankaxtell.com/Audio/Slowgrind.mp3

stingx
January 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Fantastic playing, Frank. I love your phrasing. Can you tell me what you used to record this track? Thanks for sharing and very well done blues.

FrankAxtell
January 17th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks so much for listening. The track was recorded using an Shure SM 57 mic into Presonus Firepod and finally into my Mac G5 running Logic Pro 7.

stingx
January 17th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks so much for listening. The track was recorded using an Shure SM 57 mic into Presonus Firepod and finally into my Mac G5 running Logic Pro 7.

Ah, a Mac man. I am in the process of upgrading my recording DAW and have given a lot of thought to going with a Mac solution this time. Do you have any experience with Digital Performer? My friend uses Logic but I spend two hours one Saturday watching this guy give a detail demo of the product and I was quite amazed at the features...one of the things that pushed me in the Mac direction.

snarph
January 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
kewl yup that would be slow blues nice gainy rip it up stuff :)

blogan
January 17th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Great playing!

Is it me or did you play with the panning of the guitar sound? Listening with headphones felt like someone was playing tag in my head.

ted s
January 17th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Once again Frank, great playing.

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
That was great, Frank! Love it whenever you cut loose on a blues tune. Your jazz/fusion work is also wonderful, I'm just more an old blueser. (Is blueser a word?;) )

BTW, just curious, what'd you think of that trainwreck clip I posted?
(No, you don't have to be kind, just wanted your opinion, honestly).:D
Oldguy