PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Effects Pedals - Guv'nor Plus, Echohead and Reflector

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I just recently snagged a brand new Marshall Reflector Reverb pedal at a closeout price. I'd been looking at getting one for some time now and so saving a little bit on it made it sweeter. I wanted to add a little something about it here and about my other Marshall effects pedals....

Reflector Reverb - Good Looks. Well built. Very functional. The best thing I can say about these pedals is that they're quiet. No hiss, no electrical noise...nothing. It's not a rack mount unit but I am running it through the effects loop of my Jubilee amph. Once you get a good balance of dry signal and effected signal it adds some really nice ambience. My Jubilee does not have spring reverb so this pedal is a nice addition for this amph. The unit is similar to other 'verbs in that it has effects such as Hall, Plate, Room, Spring, Reverse reverbs etc. The pedal has 2 types of Spring reverb. I like all the reverb settings but my personal favs are the Hall and Spring II. Once again this unit is quiet.

Echohead Delay - After trying a couple of other comparable delay units I ended up liking this one the most. The number one reason was that it is dead quiet. Other delays I tried produced an audible hiss both in line with the guitar and in the effects loops of my amphs. Like most delays you've got different choices of delay effects....HiFi, Analogue, Tape Echo, Multi Tap, Reverse and Mod Filter. My personal fav is the Tape Echo and I pretty much just leave it there all the time and just vary the delay time as I want. If you play much with other delay times and effects you'd really like this pedal. Did I mention it's quiet?

Guv'nor Plus - What can I say that hasn't already been said. This is basically a Marshall amph in a pedal. All the gain you could want (as long as it's reasonable). The tone controls work like an amphs....bass, treble, mid...and the best feature is the "deep" tone dial. Turning this dial up adds a really low end pump similar to the feel of a 4x12 cabinet. You read about it...then try it...and then find that it does just this. If you like low end like I do you would love this pedal. The gain goes from slight OD to all out modded Marshall sound ala the 1980s.

I know some of you guys like Chris have other Marshall effects pedals. Tell us about them!

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Tone! Even when I can't justify spending more on gear it's nice to have others opinions on things. Then I can start GASing for more until I talk myself into "needing" it.:D :R :DR

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM
All of the stuff I got last year was because of this forum. A Peavey Classic 30, plus all the pedals I bought. All from GAS. If you're impulsive like me eventually you end up with this stuff. :)

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean!:( :confused:
Oops!, I mean...:D :R

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2007, 04:37 AM
I got the GuvĀ“nor and I had the Blues Breaker before. The new versions are really better sounding imho.