PDA

View Full Version : TNT Custom Guitars is closing their store, good deals.

Johnny Z
January 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I went in to the store last week and ken the owner told me he's had it with the store end of the business, "a store it fulltime work". He'll still be selling over the internet but has some great deals right now.

I picked up a Strat body and neck from his Dent N' Scrach pile and some Gold HB pups and hardware and though I'd buid just one more guitar in his honor.
So if you're into a project guitar or need some parts check him out. I don't want this to sound like an advertisement but just a chance at getting some good deals on parts. I think he may still have a few Dragonfire guitars too, PL and Strats maybe a few Tele's.

Katastrophe
January 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I went in to the store last week and ken the owner told me he's had it with the store end of the business, "a store it fulltime work". He'll still be selling over the internet but has some great deals right now.

I've had them in my favorites for a while now. The blueburst body looks good to me, and they have some good prices on Mighty Mite necks. How's the quality / service?

Johnny Z
January 18th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ken's a #1 guy, honest and very intune with the local musicians, but due to being in a small town (40K pop.) there really isn't room for 4 music stores here and with Guitar Center just 70 miles away in Medford the store was just getting by. He wants to continue the e-mail business but get out of the store which cost a lot to run and takes up most his time. If you met him you'd like him.

I think the quality is about the same as Allparts and some of the Higher end places but the price is very competitive. I picked up a set of Gold Plated HB's new for $40, I plan on putting them in my Hardtail Strat project.

I'm not trying to sell anything and have nothing to gain from this just trying to pass on some good info.

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Can you guys provide a link for this place?

Katastrophe
January 18th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Yessir, sure can... www.guitarpartsonline.com

Again, not affiliated, yada yada yada...:D

Thanks for the info, Johnny! Their bodies look to be very inexpensive, and wouldn't hurt me too bad if I decided to try a partscaster project and screwed it up...

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Those are pretty good prices. Hmmmmm

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yessir, sure can... www.guitarpartsonline.com

Again, not affiliated, yada yada yada...:D

Thanks for the info, Johnny! Their bodies look to be very inexpensive, and wouldn't hurt me too bad if I decided to try a partscaster project and screwed it up...

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't found any Strat bodies that were THAT cheap anywhere. And they're ash. HMMMMMM

JohnnyZ - are the prices on his website everyday prices or are they sale prices do you know?

Johnny Z
January 20th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I don't know the prices, my Strat body was $20 as a dent and scrach. I think he sells parts for the same price in the store or over the web plus shipping. The store closed today Saturday, I thought he was staying open till the end of the month. He said he's definitely still in business, you can get parts e-mail and expect good stuff. I went in to the store Friday and picked up a set of Dragonfire HB's and a Strat pickguard as my last store purchase, $40. Ken told me I can drop buy his house if I need anything else in the future or just to visit. There's some talk around town about throwing him some kind of Jam Session Party, but I haven't gotten all the details yet. He's known to frequent the jams and everyone here wants to show their appreation to him. I'm sad to see the store go, but at least he's still playing music and working out of his house.

Tone2TheBone
January 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Thats too bad about his business. A Jam Session party is a classy idea. Thanks again for the info JZ.