PDA

View Full Version : Styx and REO Speedwagon

Big_Rob
January 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Performing Blue Collar Man live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJndACLC5qI

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Look at the babes in the audience! Yeahhh! Look at Kevin's new do! Yeahhh! Look at that sweet Gibson! Yeahhh!

Cool vid. :)

Katastrophe
January 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Gawd, that RAWKED! They were on that night. Did you see the line of Plexi Marhalls and the Vox AC30 on stage? Too cool.

I think the reason why bands like Styx and REO are seeing a resurgence of popularity is because it's real music, played by real musicians. No DJs or sequenced drums, just catchy hooks, melody and good, solid playing.

Don't see too much of that in popular music these days.

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Gawd, that RAWKED! They were on that night. Did you see the line of Plexi Marhalls and the Vox AC30 on stage? Too cool.

I think the reason why bands like Styx and REO are seeing a resurgence of popularity is because it's real music, played by real musicians. No DJs or sequenced drums, just catchy hooks, melody and good, solid playing.

Don't see too much of that in popular music these days.

Kata - the other night my teenage daughter just happened to be in the livingroom with me while she did her homework. That was one of the nights I was watching my Midnight Special DVDs and her remark was very similar to yours. She said "man you don't see people like that anymore actually PLAYING instruments on stage".

We think about all these put together acts nowadays and it pales in comparison to the real talent musicians used to be able to provide back in the day.

Spudman
January 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
That was pretty darn good. Too bad Kevin doesn't sing like that on REO songs.

I did this kind of a jam a long time ago. My band was on the road promoting a compilation record that we were on and we would do a series of dates with 2 or 3 other bands that were also on the record. We all took turns headlining.

At the end of each night we (whoever was still sober enough to find the stage) would all get up together and play "You Got Another Thing Commin" by Judas Priest.

Oh man! Guitars a wailin', 5 piece harmonies, excessive posing and free beer. It just never got any better than that. Having fun with your friends. That indeed is "rock n roll".

Thanks for posting the clip.