PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Ibanez Content

stingx
January 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM
So I sold my Brian Moore i9.13. It was a very good guitar but I never really bonded with it and never used all the features it had like the piezo pup and onboard midi. I got a great deal for a straight up trade on a brand new Ibanez Prestige RG1570MRB with fitted OHC. I never played a guitar with a Wizard neck and it is by far the best feeling, playing neck I have ever played on. No hype just feels fantastic. I blocked the trem since I do use them much and the guitar stays in tune remarkably well. I'm still running it through its paces but I am very happy with it. If you guys ever get a change to play any of the Prestige models with the Wizard I (5 piece) necks please do so. They really are amazing.

Here's a few pictures:

http://www.box.net/public/ei2d58jkb1

http://www.box.net/public/o658pczddv

Spudman
January 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'll second that.

I have a couple axes with the wizard and the wizard II necks. I actually like the II the best but I don't have anything against the regular wizard neck. It's just my preference.

Congratulations on the new guitar.

sunvalleylaw
January 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Congrats!! So tell me about these Wizard and Wizard II necks? What are they similar too, if anything?

Spudman
January 18th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Congrats!! So tell me about these Wizard and Wizard II necks? What are they similar too, if anything?

They are almost exactly like Ibanez wizard necks. No, they are exactly like wizard necks.:rolleyes:

They have their own profile, radius, and action tolerances. Pretty unique. Although, maybe Jackson or Charvel or Kramer might come close. I've never side by side compared them. Wide, flat, thin, with low string height.

stingx
January 19th, 2007, 06:24 AM
They are almost exactly like Ibanez wizard necks. No, they are exactly like wizard necks.:rolleyes:

They have their own profile, radius, and action tolerances. Pretty unique. Although, maybe Jackson or Charvel or Kramer might come close. I've never side by side compared them. Wide, flat, thin, with low string height.

Pretty much on the mark. I still have my trusty old '83 Kramer Pacer Imperial and the Prestige Wizard neck is thinner and slightly flatter. The Kramer feels beefier. I love playing both but the Wizard with huge Jumbo (railroad track) frets wins out.

The Wizard necks are 5 piece and slightly slimmer than the notch below Wizard II necks which are 3 piece. You can read all the details you like on the specs at ibanez.com. They just redid their website to show off all their NAMM '07 goodies available in Q2.

In a nutshell...

WIZARD Neck Dimensions
Scale Length: 648mm/25.5"
Width At Nut: 43mm
Width At Last Fret: 56mm
Thickness At 1st Fret: 18mm
Thickness At 12th Fret: 20mm
Radius: 430
5 Piece

WIZARD II Neck Dimensions
Scale Length: 648mm/25.5"
Width At Nut: 43mm