PDA

View Full Version : Great news! Modeling Fender Strat comes!

Jimi75
January 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
This is gonna be big! Fender builds a modeling guitar.
Their cooperation wiht Roland was very successful when issuing the Roland ready strat, now they explore the "Variax" grounds....

It already looks fantastic and brings up high GAS alarm!

http://www.fender.com/vgstrat/home.html

Spudman
January 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Uh oh! I'm gonna be in big trouble.:(

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
..GOOD GRIEF.... cant wait to hear what the strat emulation mode sounds like ..lol.. prediction ..these things are gonna suck .. but the old fender tv is tres cool .. 6S9L

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Spud looks like you might have to liquidate some of your inventory as they're all going to be obsolete soon. ;)

marnold
January 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I like the idea that you can either use the modeling stuff or use it as a "regular" Stratocaster. I dread to think how much that bad boy is going to cost. It'd be interesting to fiddle with the different tunings and see how hard that would be to get used to.

Jimi75
January 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I like the idea that you can either use the modeling stuff or use it as a "regular" Stratocaster. I dread to think how much that bad boy is going to cost. It'd be interesting to fiddle with the different tunings and see how hard that would be to get used to.

MIM Version will be around 700-800USD/€

I mean think of the market - Gibson killed themselves with their super expensive modeling guitar so the fight takes place between Fender and Line 6.

I think this time Fender has the better stand - hey man, it's a strat....

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cool guitar... but it will not be easy for Fender to take on Line6 with this guitar. The variax has a lot more models to choose from.

Lev
January 22nd, 2007, 04:45 AM
It sounds very impressive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslpbFeLF8s

tot_Ou_tard
January 22nd, 2007, 06:44 AM
This is gonna be big! Fender builds a modeling guitar.
Their cooperation wiht Roland was very successful when issuing the Roland ready strat, now they explore the "Variax" grounds....

It already looks fantastic and brings up high GAS alarm!

http://www.fender.com/vgstrat/home.html

Thanks Jimi!

Love that 40s/50s style guyz in white lab coats video.

"Innovation"

The only important models missing seems to be a 335 and an full hollow jazz box.

DaveO
January 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
That demo on YouTube is impressive. Just when I was feeling real good about what I have now. :rolleyes:

marnold
January 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Pretty nice. I was a bit taken back that a set of high-power AAs will only last about 10 hours.

tremoloman
February 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
My friend who ownes a local guitar shop said the VR is unbelievable. He was lucky enough to have a rep swing by his shop with one. He said her ordered two immeadately.

If these play as nice as they seem they will, I may have some guitars for sale later this year. I'd love to be able to go to a gig with just 2 guitars instead of my usual 5-6 due to the various tunings we use.

fendermojoman
February 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Now I can dump all my guitars, parts, amps, etc and just have 1 simple instrument that does everything . . . . . NOT!:)