PDA

View Full Version : new car dance

alanfc
January 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm cheap and I drive cars till they die,

just got this today, needed more space for music gear (OK, just for the 4x12 )
whoopee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/newcar07.jpg

Myles
January 19th, 2007, 04:00 PM
ooo very nice!

I myself got a 2007 Pontaic G5 a couple months ago.

alanfc
January 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
ooo very nice!

yes those are cool, like ballsy with decent MPG

oldguy
January 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cool! Looks a lot better than a "1000 Dollar Car"!:D
"Bottle Rockets"
"The Brooklyn Side"
1994...Atlantic Records

Spudman
January 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
ooo very nice!

I guess thefret is making you tons of $?:D

duhvoodooman
January 19th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I got a dozen new picks! ;) :D

Justaguyin_nc
January 19th, 2007, 11:50 PM
good luck with it alan!

Im gonna recap my tires..ummm..after I get a Speaker Cab...

alanfc
January 20th, 2007, 02:16 AM
:) ..................

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Alanfc, oohhh a CRV :) We thought about getting one of those, they are really nice cars. Our previous car was a Honda Civic.

alanfc
January 20th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Alanfc, oohhh a CRV :) We thought about getting one of those, they are really nice cars. Our previous car was a Honda Civic.

ah yes I had an Accord bought new in 1996, which I had up til today

tot_Ou_tard
January 20th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I've got an Accord. Works for me.

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM

My father-in-law has the latest Accord station wagon, it has PLENTY of horses under the hood.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 20th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hey ALANFC .. what are those things going for in your neck of the woods ,, anybody want to to know the best strategy for buying a car , let me know , its the business I'm in , there are some tricks of the trade I'd be glad to share as long as you are not buying in my neck of the woods ...6S9L

alanfc
January 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hey ALANFC .. what are those things going for in your neck of the woods ,, anybody want to to know the best strategy for buying a car , let me know , its the business I'm in , there are some tricks of the trade I'd be glad to share as long as you are not buying in my neck of the woods ...6S9L

"I'd be glad to share as long as you are not buying in my neck of the woods "
ha ah you BASTARD ! :D I can understand that.

As far as I saw, these used were 14k-16k USD in the LA area..depending on the mileage. Thats from a dealer or Carmax though. Private party I've no idea. I won't need to do this dance for another 10yrs. or so. Glad about that !

SuperSwede
January 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
6s9l, I would really appriciate some tips and tricks when it comes to buying cars!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
SS.. i'll pm ya on that ... just watching the BARRETT JACKSON CAR AUCTION from Scottsdale Arizona on the dish at the moment .. they auction collectible cars at no reserve .. 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 426 hemi all original just sold for 215,000 absolutely amazing , what those old muscle cars are fetching these days .they were the used cars of my youth ...I went through a few of them in my day .. anyway SS have i got some tips for you ...Alanfc , that seems about right for an 03 .. happy motoring . 6S9L

alanfc
January 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM
SS.. i'll pm ya on that ... just watching the BARRETT JACKSON CAR AUCTION from Scottsdale Arizona on the dish at the moment .. they auction collectible cars at no reserve .. 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 426 hemi all original just sold for 215,000 absolutely amazing , what those old muscle cars are fetching these days .they were the used cars of my youth ...I went through a few of them in my day .. anyway SS have i got some tips for you ...Alanfc , that seems about right for an 03 .. happy motoring . 6S9L

aahhhhh I should have kept that 1970 Challenger (318 engine) I used to have !

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yep ..it would finance your gas for years to come ...lol

warren0728
January 20th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm cheap and I drive cars till they die,
me too! and you cannot go wrong with hondas!!!

i am driving a 1994 honda civic ex that i bartered for a logo design....had it almost 2 years and it has 190,000 miles on it and runs great....still gets 28-30 miles to the gallon.

we also have a Honda Element that we love too....

ww

alanfc
January 21st, 2007, 12:33 PM
ok I know I'm a spaz and I've got some real pics now.
This afterall was a gear purchase eh ?

In the cargo, actually there's these spaces on each side of the cabinet that I found yesterday are perfect for groceries. No cargo net needed (I don't think)

The cargo cover comes next week and I can ditch the blankie.
The blue cargo strap is rated at 400 lb.
I also joined the Honda forums and found that the tinting job is only about $200. I put on the old sunscreens from the Accord on there for now. Every morning on the way to school we get this wicked direct sun coming in from the left, right at eye level.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/long.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/side1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/side3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/intback.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/cargo1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/cargo2.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
SS.. i'll pm ya on that ... .. anyway SS have i got some tips for you ...

Me too. PM me too 6S9L!!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 21st, 2007, 06:48 PM
ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE...on the way... TOT

warren0728
January 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
now i'm feeling left out... :(

send it to me too please....

ww

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 21st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Check yer mail Warren..

warren0728
January 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
thanks man.... :DR

ww

SuperSwede
January 22nd, 2007, 03:57 AM
6s9l, as the gas (car gas that is) gets more and more expensive, do you see a downfall in the truck/suv market? Here they sell a lot of those hybrid cars right now.

ted s
January 22nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
6S9L, I would appreciate that knowledge as well. Thanks if you can.

Ted

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
I dont think the truck suv market will take a hit over the long term , the average mileage is getting better all the time in that segment , and the perception is that trucks and the more substantial suv's are safer , flex fuel alternatives will put most of the trucks and suv's in a very favourable position regarding fuel consumption over the next 2 years , so I think they will continue to sell , in North America at least .. Hybrid cars are interesting in that while they have gotten considerable media interest they have not made the same impact in the showroom , dont look for them to make a big dent in the market until they get a better power system , the problem here in a nutshell is that the battery systems employed by Toyota , Honda , are seen to be a environmental nightmare waiting to happen by the insurance companies , imagine the scene , a hybrid/electric car involved in an accident and the contents of the batterys spilled all over the place , so now instead of just sending a wrecker and an ambulance to the scene now you have to send a environmental clean-up crew specially outfitted to deal with all that nasty acid ..I think the prices of hybrid vechs will remain high until the fuel systems are totally dialed in and made more environmentaly idiot proof ...

Myles
January 22nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Hybrid cars are interesting in that while they have gotten considerable media interest they have not made the same impact in the showroom
Thats because what matters most in sales is not whats on the inside, but whats on the outside. Obviously the environmental concerns are massive as well, but if they simple made the cars look cool enough then people would justify it.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
sorry Vital , cant agree there , the general public simply has not bought into the hybrid thing yet , the only people that have are the propellor heads and early adoptors who get into everything early whether its a good design or not sorta like beta vs vhs ... by the way i've still got my beta deck ..lol

SuperSwede
January 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Obviously you cannot get new movies on the Betamax format, and possibly not gas for your cars in the future either. I saw a program on TV recently about the worlds oil reserves, and most of them are running really low. I expect that the general car market will demand cars that run on other things than petrol, especially when it starts to show in the wallet if you drive a hybrid/ethanol car.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
Super , i'm not sayin its never gonna happen (hybrids ) , i'm just sayin that we are a few years away from an affordable, dependable design that will have a global impact ... but yeah it is definitely in our future ,
I look foreward to the all new 2012 Pistor GTX ... rummored to run on urine ... at last i'll have an excuse for drinking beer to excess....

SuperSwede
January 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Urine? I wonder how far you would get on a sixpack of Carlsberg....

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
lol.... Recycled Beer ..now Thats A Concept:D

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
I can see it now ..CARSBERG 20 KM PER LITER... AND SMOOTH GOING DOWN ...LOL

alanfc
January 22nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
I was looking at Hybrid Ford Esape, hybrid Saturn Vue before this buy.........

but then I thought about being broken down in the boonies somewhere and having mechanics that know how to repair them... Not a good prospect. Maybe 10 yrs. from now I will look at them again.

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
There are quite a few of the hybrids up here in SV. The Toyota seems to be the most popular, and my guitar playing buddy that has one says it does great in the snow. I want a mini-van model to come out, hopefully partly bio-diesel, to replace our aging Toyota Previa. Great little van, would love one that takes advantage of the new technologies. I suppose in the short run there are some net ecological impacts from the batteries and developing the tech, but the dino oil road does not seem to be sustainable long run, or good for the planet. The curve for the new tech should flatten out over time.

SuperSwede
January 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
6s9l, I bet that you can sell a lot of cars that way. First 12 beers included with purchase.

Sunwalleylaw, you can adapt most modern diesel engines to run on (and this may not be the perfect english word) rapeseed oil (rape oil?? doesnt sound very nice) . Most gas stations here has it, and its both cheaper and more enviromental friendly.

Tone2TheBone
January 22nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
What about all that corn fuel Willy is sellin'...what's that all aboot?

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
6s9l, I bet that you can sell a lot of cars that way. First 12 beers included with purchase.

Sunwalleylaw, you can adapt most modern diesel engines to run on (and this may not be the perfect english word) rapeseed oil (rape oil?? doesnt sound very nice) . Most gas stations here has it, and its both cheaper and more enviromental friendly.

I am aware of that. I am under the impression that there are more diesel optioins in Europe than here. Here, basically you can get diesel trucks, some VWs, Benz's and not that much else. In Europe, I understand you can even get higher performance sedans such as Alfas that are diesel, and thast perform well. The current diesel american lines are being marketed as ready to burn the biodiesel/rapeseed oil type of stuff. Some can even burn old frier oil, though then you smell like french fries. :D I just think that combining that type of biodiesel tech with an electric/hybrid car tech will ultimately be a great thing in the most common cars here; SUVs Mini-vans, and wagons. Otherwise known as the family haulers, or soccer mom rigs. ;)

Myles
January 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
In case you guys were wondering, this according to Google Images, is the new car dance.

http://www.askaprice.com/images/tango-dance.jpg

alanfc
January 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
In case you guys were wondering, this according to Google Images, is the new car dance.

http://www.askaprice.com/images/tango-dance.jpg

shaaaa !! I wish....
My purchase didn't go THAT well :(
(But my car is fantastic)

SuperSwede
January 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
I am aware of that. I am under the impression that there are more diesel optioins in Europe than here. Here, basically you can get diesel trucks, some VWs, Benz's and not that much else. In Europe, I understand you can even get higher performance sedans such as Alfas that are diesel, and thast perform well. The current diesel american lines are being marketed as ready to burn the biodiesel/rapeseed oil type of stuff. Some can even burn old frier oil, though then you smell like french fries. :D I just think that combining that type of biodiesel tech with an electric/hybrid car tech will ultimately be a great thing in the most common cars here; SUVs Mini-vans, and wagons. Otherwise known as the family haulers, or soccer mom rigs. ;)

Most car brands offer diesel alternatives here, and some are not bad at all. Check out the turbo diesel Volvo V70.

sunvalleylaw
January 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Most car brands offer diesel alternatives here, and some are not bad at all. Check out the turbo diesel Volvo V70. Yes, I know there are some really good options over there, especially in the sport sedan and wagon category. Stylingwise, I am an Alfa fan, and they have a neat sport wagon, not available here. Tipping my hat to you as a Swede, I know that Alfa and Saab have done some joint projects on the same engine/chassis platform. :D Here is a pic of my current daily driver. Not diesel, but enonomical and FUN!

ted s
January 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Very cool Steve...............

SuperSwede
January 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Cool Alfa Steve!
My brothers girlfriend (now wife) had a really cool Alfa sportscar, but I cannot remember the name of those. Red of course :)

warren0728
January 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
very cool steve....what year and such is it?

ww

sunvalleylaw
January 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks Warren and Ted. It is a 1971 Alfa Romeo, model Berlina, which I understand is Italian for sedan. Seats 5, had rear shoulder harness bolts from the factory, but no harnesses installed (I since have). Came with a 1750 four cylinder dual overhead cam motor. Now has the 2 litre version. A little more torque for daily driving. Many track purists prefer the 1750. These were built on the same chassis essentially as the Spiders and the GTVs of the day, just a tiny bit longer. Same running gear, tranny and the like. A modern rice burner can probably kick its butt, but it has a huge fun factor. :D This is what I look at when I am driving. :DR

EDIT: It being a dailey driver, it is not quite as pristine and shiny as the first shot, door dings and the like. The interior shot is still accurate. However, as these were the family trucksters of the Alfa line, and most have been crushed by now, it is in good shape for its age. It is interesting to note that my interest here and with guitar is the first thing to make me really think about selling it in favor of more guitar (and bike) stuff. :eek: It is our most fuel efficient rig however, and I think I'll go ahead and hold on to it. Puts a smile on my face just walking out to it and hopping in! :)

ted s
January 23rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
If it makes you smile then keep it.

warren0728
January 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
don't sell it...it is too cool...of course i am a classic car lover....i don't think i'll ever get rid of my '54 ford f-100 pickup....

ww

ted s
January 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
My Dad picked up a 28 Model A this past summer in driving condition, it rides rough, smells funny, not very comfortable, doesn't go fast, doesn't stop fast...
BUT.. it's really frign' cool.:D