PDA

View Full Version : Weigh Time!

marnold
September 30th, 2022, 12:55 PM
I always kind of wondered how much my guitars weigh. None of them are particularly heavy, except my bass which is a boat anchor. So after seeing Trogly use one, I got an Accuteck scale. I assumed they would go in this order: Jackson < Reverend < Fender < LTD (bass). I was close. Here's the breakdown:

Jackson DK2M 8lb 0.8oz
Reverend Warhawk 390 7lb 4.4oz
Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster 8lb 8.2oz
LTD Surveyor Bass 10lb 11.2oz

I was surprised that the Reverend was over a half pound lighter. Other than that they fall into line.

Since my bass is almost 12lbs, I see what people mean when they talk about Les Pauls that are that heavy or even heavier. How do you play something like that on stage for a full concert without needing support rods around your spine?

Zip
October 1st, 2022, 10:04 AM
I played many 4-hour shows with a 12lb 7oz LP around my neck. I was young and stupid. Now that I'm older and stupid, I get close to the same tones from an under 6lb Parker Fly. My Chiropractor approves.

Robert
October 6th, 2022, 10:52 AM
I have not weighed my guitars, but the 1960 Les Paul Reissue seems heaviest in my collection.

Jipes
October 6th, 2022, 11:24 AM
In my modest collection the 78 Thinline Telecaster is the heaviest for sure, then comes my National Duolian of course :happy

marnold
October 6th, 2022, 05:09 PM
In my modest collection the 78 Thinline Telecaster is the heaviest for sure, then comes my National Duolian of course :happy

Wow! Even with it being a thinline it's still your heaviest? Is the rest made of depleted uranium? :D

marnold
October 6th, 2022, 05:13 PM
I played many 4-hour shows with a 12lb 7oz LP around my neck. I was young and stupid. Now that I'm older and stupid, I get close to the same tones from an under 6lb Parker Fly. My Chiropractor approves.

Phew! I can't even imagine playing a guitar that weighs almost a 25% more than my bass. I never played live anywhere near that long. The times I played longer I had my Peavey Fury P-bass that was made of poplar. Nice and light, but still well-balanced.

Jipes
October 7th, 2022, 05:16 AM
Wow! Even with it being a thinline it's still your heaviest? Is the rest made of depleted uranium? :D

If I compare my Fender Thinline to it's equivalent Nash TL-72 I'm pretty sure that there's at least 700grams difference and my ESquire or my Harmony Rocket are also like feathers compare to the Thinline