PDA

View Full Version : $100 Guitar Question

Big K
January 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Gassing to put some parts to use to make another semi-custom guitar. Thought I would try the route of purchasing one of the inexpensive models out there for this project instead of purchasing either something used and abused from a pawn shop which would more than likely need a sand/paint & re-fret or the body and neck separately both options for considerably more cash than the total price of the low end model. Looking for an alder or ash model front routed body, hardtail would be my first choice with tremolo rout second with preferably a maple fretboard as a platform to start. Anyone with any history of one of the Rondo Music distributed SX models in either the Strat or Tele models? Any other distributors/models out there that I may have missed in the low end / high quality range? Any and all recommendations appreciated… thanks

Katastrophe
January 21st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Yep, Tremoloman has a couple of the SX $99.00 USD SST57 Strat copies, and a SST Floyd Rose Strat copy, and gave them good reviews. There are a few threads about it.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1807

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1042

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=980

Big K
January 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yep, Tremoloman has a couple of the SX $99.00 USD SST57 Strat copies, and a SST Floyd Rose Strat copy, and gave them good reviews. There are a few threads about it.

Thanks for the links..... Sounds like these are too good to immediately mess with... I was going to upgrade pickups, phase switch, etc, if the body and neck were solid… now to select which one….they all look sweet…

Big K
January 22nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
just saw your demonstration video of the '51 on the recomendation of someone on Seymour Duncan forum... now I think I need both..... I've got it bad now....

fendermojoman
February 5th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I have a Lefty SX62 Sunburst. For the money- it's a good value. You may very well just need a good setup and some good strings to be happy for a long time. Be advised that the electronics are "adequate" but not supreme quality. In other words a terrific stater but I wouldn't rely on it for heavy Gigging. An Agile on the other hand from Rondo is a very well built guitar.
:) :rolleyes: :cool:

Robert
February 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks Rob, the '51 is a rockin guitar, I love it. Very cool tones.

I have a SX SST62 too, but I find the '51 being more of a quality guitar.

Big K
February 6th, 2007, 09:45 AM
SX 57 in 3 tone burst was delivered yesterday, haven't had a chance to plug it in yet but the fit and finish seemed killer....'51 is scheduled to be my GAS reducer for March....

Spudman
February 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
SX 57 in 3 tone burst was delivered yesterday, haven't had a chance to plug it in yet but the fit and finish seemed killer....'51 is scheduled to be my GAS reducer for March....

Cool! 10 more months...10 more guitars.:D

ShortBuSX
February 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Ive been interested in an SX for building a Frankenstrat...but Im curious how the pickup routing is under the pickguard? So if you open her up could you snap off a pic for me??? Please?

Big K
February 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
haven't been home for the last few nights will get the pickguard off and a few shots for you tomorrow....

ShortBuSX
February 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
haven't been home for the last few nights will get the pickguard off and a few shots for you tomorrow....

That would be soooo awesome! Thanks!:D

Big K
February 9th, 2007, 05:54 PM
thought it would be a bathtub rout?

ShortBuSX
February 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Just noticed the pics...thanks!

Wow, thats a pretty cool hardtail.

Big K
February 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
more than pleased with the SX so far.....