PDA

View Full Version : Just joined and sayin hey to y'all!

bluesbreaker
January 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Off and on player for 20+ years, so I have started over more than a couple of times. Here is the stuff I owned once and sold:
* Hagstrom I (first electric in school)
* Fender Strat (MIJ, 1984 or 85)
* Fender Deluxe Reverb (circa about 1977)
* Pignose practice amp (I loved that little thing!)

OK. So what happened? I thought I was done with the electric guitar and my wife and I were walking through GC Christmas of 2005 looking for a capo for my nephew and right there was a lovely used 1994 CAR Squier Standard Strat with Vintage Noiseless PUPs installed for the low bargain price of $150 bucks!. So, I snatched it up along with a little Fender Frontman 15, PocketRocket (for that late night practicing) and misc. other small goodies. Thus, my GAS was re-ignited along with my love of playing.

Anyway, hope to talk to you all sometime on the board.

Todd

duhvoodooman
January 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome, Todd. Lots of us here got out of guitar playing for a few years and then got back into it.

Betcha wish you still had that Fender Deluxe Reverb! Nice little amp!!

warren0728
January 22nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
welcome bluesbreaker....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
January 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Welcome, BB! A Squier with Vintage Noiseless pickups for $150? Sounds like a good deal - aren't those pups quite pricey new?

Katastrophe
January 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Welcome, bluesbreaker! Lots of good info here. This is probably the most polite forum on the internet. Enjoy!:D

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Welcome! I am a newbie who has owned a guitar for 5 or 6 years, had played piano as a kid and teen, but just got into playing regularly this last year. Now I am hooked, in a good way. Lots of great help and fellowship here. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Tone2TheBone
January 22nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
....Welcome Todd! :)

SuperSwede
January 22nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Welcome BB! Ehrmm.. whats a pocket rocket?

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Hey Bluesbreaker ..great handle ..welcome aboard ... i think you will like it here. great crowd and low rent ..cant beat that 6S9L

oldguy
January 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Welcome, bluesbreaker!:D

ted s
January 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Welcome aboard Todd, great group here.

Spudman
January 22nd, 2007, 05:52 PM
Hi BB. Smart deal you got out of GC with. (clapping)
For an awesome experience...plug that Frontman into a 4x12 cabinet. You'll be amazed.

PS. Don't tell anyone here how good that Frontman actually is or they'll drive the price up.:rolleyes:

tot_Ou_tard
January 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome BB! Ehrmm.. whats a pocket rocket?

Careful Swede or he might show you a photo. :eek:

O & welcome bluesbreaker!

M29
January 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome bluesbreaker! I think you will like it here. Good to have you aboard.

M29

bluesbreaker
January 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Nice to meet you all and here's hoping one day we can jam together! To answer the questions:
** Yes, I could kick myself for selling that Dlx Reverb.
** I think the vintage noiseless pups run about 100-125 these days.
** A pocket rocket is a little ampless box to plug directly into the guitar jack and you can plug a headset into it. Just for late-night playing.

And finally, I do have to agree for an inexpensive little solid-state amp the Frontman has some seriously nice tone! Although, I still have my eye on one of those little Epiphone amps with a MercuryMagnetics mod (must hide credit card!).

Anyway, it's nice to meet all of you and look forward to joining in the discussions.

Later,
Todd