PDA

View Full Version : Notaklon from JHS

marnold
November 22nd, 2023, 09:05 PM
JHS has come out with a Klon clone that you assemble yourself (no soldering). I've listened to some videos where people compare it to a real Klon and it is virtually indistinguishable. They originally made 3,000 figuring that's all they would need. I just placed an order. I'm number 14239. Hard to beat for $99. It even comes with a tube of goop to cover the circuit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJGos1D1ha8

Zip
November 23rd, 2023, 03:39 PM
We expect a full review when you get it. Pics of the build progress would be good, too.

I've played with a 'real deal' Klon before, and it wasn't my thing. Couldn't get a sound that I really liked. I could've bought it for like $200. That was my stupid mistake #762.

marnold
November 26th, 2023, 08:03 PM
I could've bought it for like $200. That was my stupid mistake #762.

Wow. That's rough.

I'll post about it, but it won't be until February-ish when mine is scheduled to ship.

Zip
December 2nd, 2023, 10:56 AM
I'll be waiting.

Josh gets a lot of flak, but he's a pretty cool guy.

marnold
February 16th, 2024, 06:32 PM
I checked my order. It's now due to ship in March. Waiting patiently. They are over 20,000 orders now!

marnold
April 9th, 2024, 02:09 PM
I got it in the mail on Saturday and assembled it on Sunday, sans goop. I had a conference yesterday so I haven't had much opportunity to play it. I want to compare it to my OD2 and Hot Wax. I played with it a bit through my Carvin, but it gets deafeningly loud.

Update: it is now gooped so the toan should improve dramatically.

Zip
April 12th, 2024, 02:25 PM
Pics and sound clips, please. You should get some screaming leads through your amph with that thing