PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fom Michigan

scorona
January 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Hello all,

I've been a recent lurker at this forum. Stumbled across it after frequenting Robert's site, gaining inspiration from him and the folks here to get out and purchase a Vox AD50VT. Many thanks for all the videos and sound clips.

I've been playing for about 5 years now (played a little as a teenager, but 30 years later, it's serious!). I'm into rock and blues, occasionally practice with an aspiring blues band.

I really enjoy all the great information and advice that can be found here. Hope to be able to contribute someday.

tot_Ou_tard
January 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I really enjoy all the great information and advice that can be found here. Hope to be able to contribute someday.
Hey Scorona, you've already contributed. We like new folx here.

M29
January 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Hello scorona,

I am a Michiganiak too, welcome! What town are you close to? I am near Flint.

I bet ya love that AD50VT, I have one as well and am having a great time with it.

M29

duhvoodooman
January 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Welcome, scorona! Glad to have you here. I've got an AD30VT and love the little sucker!

scorona
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Hello scorona,

I am a Michiganiak too, welcome! What town are you close to? I am near Flint.

I bet ya love that AD50VT, I have one as well and am having a great time with it.

M29

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in Waterford. Relatively close to Flint.

Yeah, I'm having fun with the AD50VT.

tot_Ou_tard
January 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Anybody else have the uncontrollable urge to sing

My Scorana....?!? :D

warren0728
January 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
welcome scorona....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

M29
January 22nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hey scorona, I grew up in Waterford! Went to Mott HS. Graduated in 71.

M29

Spudman
January 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Scorona.
Michigan huh? Home of the....hmmmm. Well, I know they have some good sized mosquitoes up north. So, home of the big northern mosquitoes it is then.:D

Welcome to our zany world.

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome from the other Idahoan. I joined this list along the same path as you. This list, Robert, and the folks here are really great and supportive.

Robert
January 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Welcome to the Fret Board! Michigan huh? Well, you should get yerself a Reverend then - they are in Warren, Michigan. Great guitars. Too bad they quit their amps.

Glad also to hear I provide inspiration! Now that inspires me! :)

oldguy
January 23rd, 2007, 05:53 AM
Welcome to TheFret, scorona!:D
You are correct, Robert's inspiring playing and videos have helped me, too.
I wonder if his ancestors were known as "Renman the Inspiror"? !!!:DR

marnold
January 23rd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Greeting from a former Michigander. I'm a native of Bay City, now living on the other side of the pond (aka Lake Michigan) in the shadows of Lambeau Field.

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
Good to have you here Scorona. :)

Hogfullofblues
January 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Welcome fellow Michigander (that's right, not Michiganian, not Michiganiak, but Michizonkinyellowscreamer sounds good). I'm just down M-59 a ways from you in Clinton Township actually. I never realized the forum had so many current and x-Michitypes (duh). Well, I probably did, but forgot. Oh well, glad to meet ya anyhow!

bluesbreaker
January 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Not too far away from you. Near Toledo, actually Archbold (the mighty home of Sauder furniture). I usually just say I'm from Toledo though because, let's face it, who ever heard of Archbold:rolleyes:

Anyways, good to have you in the group. With all the fairly locals around here, we could have one hell of a jam session!

Todd