PDA

View Full Version : Smoke. Are you Smoking yet?

Myles
January 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
If you think I'm trying to persuade you to smoke forgive my poor attempt at humour. (Its a Family Guy reference)

Just curious what our smoking population is on here.

ted s
January 23rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Unfortuneately yes, I am a smoker and not proud of it. My wife does not smoke, I don't smoke in the house or her vehicle. I want to quit but the monkey has a grip. As anyone who has had to overcome an addiction or dependency may know, that monkey can convince you of almost anything.
This bad monkey is not to be confused with the other "good" bad monkey.
Hey, maybe if a duct tape my digitec bad monkey on my back it will beat up the other one ?

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Yes and No. I used to be a casual smoker at bars and parties. I so want a smoke when I am upset or pissed though. I'm trying hard not to even do it anymore though cause it's really bad for you and when someone else does it I'm repulsed. Bleck.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 23rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
I quit smoking on new years eve was a 25 a day smoker ... its not getting any easier but i put 10 bucks a day in a jar and thats pretty good motovation , plus i can start to taste things better and my sense of smell is much improved , i put a case of water in the fridge in my office to help with the cravings at work , only thing is now i spend more time seeing a man about a horse ..

SuperSwede
January 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
I quit smoking on a new years eve 4 years ago (whoho), but I still use Snus (swedish tobacco that you put under your lip). Whenever I drink beer I usually get a craving for cigarettes, and I cheat sometimes.

Spudman
January 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
I only smoke after sex. If I use good lubrication I usually don't, but you know how friction can be.:D

I never have smoked intentionally. It was always second hand through my live/in the bars performing career. After I was in the environment for consecutive days I didn't really seem to notice it. Then I became a professional athlete and would play some weekends. I'd walk into the bar and about blow chunks because of the stench. I hate it. Both my parents smoked but neither of their children ever have. We ended up with the smart gene.

Justaguyin_nc
January 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
I smoke around 2-3 packs a day.. I am an addict.. I can't help that.. I been doing it since I was 10-11 years of age. I will die of it some day I am sure. I do wish to quit at times and at other times it is the most relaxing device I can legally get my hands on. I have holes in my lungs called bleebs.. and believe it or not.. Doctors tell me to continue smoking as this is not the cause and relieves pain.. that's been 4 different doctors mind you. I do believe it will catch up with me someday. The question is does it matter? I don't want to die but at what point in your life does the quality diminish anyways? If I can last till mid 60's I will be content... I have seen all my children grow and have grandbabies left and right... My society while I was growing up PUMPED ads as to how cool smoking was.. I was a sucker ... now my society does not let me smoke in bars or restaurants.. I hardly frequent either any more.. hope they all go out of busniess actually seeing I am not accepted in society any more.... While growing up, if you went to a home of non-smokers, the lady of the house usually gave you an ashtray out of respect to you.. these days.. they send you outside feeling your insulting them...why did they ask me over? I do not frequent relatives or so-called friends that do not accept me as I am.. Second hand smoke is a joke.. I believe smoking is bad.. but second hand smoke? come on.. you sit behind a bus or tractor in traffic everyday that is going to harm you worse than any few cigs second hand is going to do. I hate the thought of cancer.. children and people never smoking get it daily.. not relating it to smoking at all.. it's a very bad part of life we must all except... let's hope in the near future there is a cure... but don't blame the addict your society created.. and except people as they are.. Our Taxes paid on Cigs should be enough compensation.. imagine once they are only available on the black market and the cost of "accepted" items take the tax burden... I have broken no laws by being a smoker and should be accepted as others. Time for people to quit whinning about non-sense and look to the big problems.. my cig insults you? well, your perfume insults me..or your onion breath etc etc.. this is the world I have grown to know? such childish, spoiled behavior... from what suppose to be men.. Thank you for holding your breath while I smoke.. Umm..these ofcourse are just my opinions..:)

warren0728
January 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
nope....i do not smoke cigarettes....

ww

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Warren you are the king of "understatement." LMAO

warren0728
January 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Warren you are the king of "understatement." LMAO
yeah.... ;) :DR :DR :D

ww

marnold
January 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
I don't and more or less can't. I've got relatively significant allergies. If I smoked, I think my head would cave in. I smoked a cigar once. Once. It was a quality cigar given to me at a bachelor party. I had just enough to drink where smoking a cigar seemed like a reasonable thing to do. The next morning I felt like I had every hangover combined and my mouth tasted like a frat carpet. That was enough for me.

duhvoodooman
January 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Nope, thank the Good Lord, I never got started....

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
I'll occaisionally smoke a pipe (full english mixtures are a favorite) and I'll smoke a cigar if someone gives one to me. Pipe tobacco is quite a bit cheaper than cigars so I rarely buy a cigar. I'll go years without smoking & then go through a period where I'll have a daily bowlfull of tobacco & then back to not smoking again.

kerc
January 23rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Nope. In 35 years I've never smoked, and don't have the desire to do so ever. Dunno, why, but I just can't find the appeal.

:)

SuperSwede
January 24th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I only smoke after sex. If I use good lubrication I usually don't, but you know how friction can be.:D

Lol.. you are the king of comments Spud. +1000

carp3nt3r
January 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM
our sons pediatrician suggested that our childs colds might be related to my smoking habit, so i quit about 13 years ago after smoking for 10-12. it was a vast improvement in all aspects of my life. i wished i had never started. it wasnt too hard to quit, i used 1/2 box of patches and chewed 9 million pcs of gum. now i cannot stand to smell them.
i strongly advise folks if you never have, DONT and if you do STOP !!
carp3nt3r

ted s
February 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
I started reading a book earlier this week, " Allen Carr's easyway to quit smoking " Sounds crazy, but 3 days weed free for me.

Worth looking into for anyone interested.

duhvoodooman
February 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
"Are you Smoking yet?"

No, but Warren's amp is! ;) :D

Tim
February 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
I started when I was in the 4th grade. I stopped in 1981 (I was 30) when my oldest (6 years old at the time) crawled up on my lap and asked me to quite. I said yes and never smoked again. I think the wife put her up to it.

warren0728
February 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
"Are you Smoking yet?"

oh so true.... :cool:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
February 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
"Are you Smoking yet?"

Where's there's smoke, there's fire & that thread is *AFLAME*!

ShortBuSX
February 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM
I started reading a book earlier this week, " Allen Carr's easyway to quit smoking " Sounds crazy, but 3 days weed free for me.

Worth looking into for anyone interested.

You should have tried O'dweeds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vAahYTjqg) :D

ted s
February 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
I've seen that, Chappelle is crazy funny.. just to clarify, I was talkin cigarettes. :D

SixStringJoe
February 3rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
I quit smoking 3 years back but of late, I've been smoking 1 or 2 a day, especially after a drink.

ShortBuSX
February 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Ive been smoking since I was about 12...Ive quit several times, and on a couple occassions Id quit for more than 2 years.

I dont have a problem with quiting, all I have to do is make it past that first day and I consider it a victory...BUT the thing that gets me is as time goes by, months, years...I still want a damn smoke!!! And that drives me nuts being a non smoker and wanting a smoke...and its at that point I give up and realise I will always be a smoker, even when I quit.

So Im still smokin.

tot_Ou_tard
February 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Ive been smoking since I was about 12...Ive quit several times, and on a couple occassions Id quit for more than 2 years.

I dont have a problem with quiting, all I have to do is make it past that first day and I consider it a victory...BUT the thing that gets me is as time goes by, months, years...I still want a damn smoke!!! And that drives me nuts being a non smoker and wanting a smoke...and its at that point I give up and realise I will always be a smoker, even when I quit.

So Im still smokin.

According to this article all you have to do is hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6298557.stm

I hope that your aim is good! :D