PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* Valve Jr. Extension Cabinet

Nelskie
January 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Browsing the Epiphone web site last nite, and came across this little beauty (*see attachment below). Seems that our good friends over at Epiphone have been paying attention to all of the hub-bub their little Jr. head has been getting. I haven't heard anything about pricing, but my guess is that it'll be in the $100 - $150 range. It also comes with the same Eminence Lady Luck speaker that's found in the Epi Blues Custom model (maybe a 15" instead of a 12").

Anyways, it's a nice looking cab, and I bet it sounds dynamite with the Jr. Head. Start saving those pennies . . . ;)

Katastrophe
January 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
I saw this today! It looks like a cool little cab for a fantastic amph.

Tone2TheBone
January 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Thats funny, I just saw this today too. I thought it was a sharp looking cab and a great match for the head.

Robert
January 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, looks awesome. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!

ET335
May 12th, 2007, 05:32 PM
these Cabs are in stock at www.sweetwater.com 129.99
I have 2 of them on the way and sure hope they sound as good as they look:DR

tot_Ou_tard
May 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Which brings up the fact that I miss Nelskie.

Justaguyin_nc
May 13th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Musiciansfriend has them 129.99.. its on order for me..:) Even having the 2X12 here... I couldn't help it.. it looks so darn cute in the pictures..lol

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-1X12-Extension-Cab?sku=481026

oldguy
May 13th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Musiciansfriend has them 129.99.. its on order for me..:) Even having the 2X12 here... I couldn't help it.. it looks so darn cute in the pictures..lol

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-1X12-Extension-Cab?sku=481026

Congrats on the cab, Justa! Bet you're gonna have a cool looking "half-stack" or "short-stack" when you're done. :D
I also noticed they raised the price of the head to match the cab.:mad:
Guess it'll be easier to remember how much they each cost this way.:rolleyes:

Justaguyin_nc
May 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
thanks oldguy.. you ofcourse, and a few more here inspired the move to the epi.. well worth it.. thanks! Can't wait to have the Jimmie Vaughan leaning against it!!

Justaguyin_nc
May 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Epi Cab made it here! Pretty neat little setup...Lady Luck Eminence speaker 16 ohms..

together with the head it stands a whole two and a half feet..:)

The Eminence has a darker sound then the Helltones.. it's also alot closer to the floor..

It's pretty neat when playing something in the blues fashion... it can also get quite loud.. Mine breaks up when on full tilt.. gets to dark then.. for me. I play in the house..not an issue. plus have a MicroMass comming to adjust.

Quite pleased with the build.. excellent look! Very solid feeling.. A++.. For the price..if you don't mind a little bass.. it covers the rest.. and this is just my opinion ofcourse..

On a stand..off the floor it might get lighter on the sound... again..its not a bad sound at all.. it's just a darker sound (maybe smaller cabinet design) then the Helltones in the Avatar which I still perfer.. but this is nice!

For the $130.00.. the look is worth it.. :)

:R

WackyT
May 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I wonder how it'd sound if you ran 2 of these in parallel off one Valve Jr head?

Justaguyin_nc
May 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I wonder how it'd sound if you ran 2 of these in parallel off one Valve Jr head?

LOUD? :)

Just some more info I left out..

this is a half open back cab..which has the same steel grill over the opening that the head amp has. It takes 16 screws to hold on the back.

The exact size is Width and Height = 18 inches/457mm.. Depth = 11.25 inches/285mm

I think? the jack plate and jack are steel... least they look and feel like it to the touch.

has the same handle as the amp head in the middle top and rubber feet in each corner.

And the best thing..it fit in the tight space I wanted it at:

ET335
May 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM

I just got both of my cabs yesterday and they sound great with one head,I am sure glad I got them.get them if you can before they discontinue them like the squire p51.:DR

WackyT
May 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I just got both of my cabs yesterday and they sound great with one head,I am sure glad I got them.get them if you can before they discontinue them like the squire p51.:DR

You got them both hooked up to the one head?

ET335
May 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM
You got them both hooked up to the one head?

Hi there WackyT,Yes. all you have to do is run one cab to the 16 ohm out and the other to the 8 ohm out.this is straight from Gibson,I wasn't sure if this would work correctly,so I called Chris lewis at Sweetwater .com and he called Gibson and thats what they told him:) it works fine:) oh yea! be sure to use good speaker cables also.

WackyT
May 17th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Cool ET335!

Justaguyin_nc
May 17th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Hi there WackyT,Yes. all you have to do is run one cab to the 16 ohm out and the other to the 8 ohm out.this is straight from Gibson,I wasn't sure if this would work correctly,so I called Chris lewis at Sweetwater .com and he called Gibson and thats what they told him:) it works fine:) oh yea! be sure to use good speaker cables also.

Soooo.. I could plug my 16 ohm Epi in the 16 and my other cab of 8 ohms in the 8 ohm tap at the same time and both can play safely?

ET335
May 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Soooo.. I could plug my 16 ohm Epi in the 16 and my other cab of 8 ohms in the 8 ohm tap at the same time and both can play safely?

Hi Justa,thats what they Say at Gibson,I questioned that also,and thats why I called to make sure and they said it wouldn't hurt the Head in no way.:)
Just make sure your 8 ohm cab is wired Parallel and not in series.

LagrangeCalvert
May 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
this little cab is really great...that speaker has a good flat eq response and is LOUD...I had got a hold of two of these speakers and they have a almost "keyboard" amp voicing...so your guitar shines through more than normal.

Well, somthing you might do to lean out the bass is let the speaker break in...they get really sweet once broken in good.

And I had no Idea that you could run two cabs out of one VJ head...damn thats awesome...and since I have four cabs and two heads...and an A/B/Y peddle...WATCH OUT!

have you guys with VJ's thought of putting a Champ style tone pot in?...I did along with a gain mod on my "lead" style VJ head (I also have a Rhythm head with a 12AT7 in the preamp to clean it up at higher volumes) and I can get that Plexi chime out of it.

Either way...I think the Epi cabs and Valve series amps are freakin AWESOME and congrats to all of us who own them! WE ROCK