PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Club King is For-Sale!!

NPauly
January 24th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I am in shock!! The infamous Reverend Club King is on the auction block!!

I had hoped that it's present owner would keep it "forever" so I wouldn't ever have to feel like a complete jack *** for not having the spare cash to buy it, but it looks like my deepest darkest nightmare has just come true ... *sigh*

OK, this hurts but it's gotta be done. This is one of two Club King amps that Reverend built. One was built as a head and I believe that Joe still has that one. The other was built as a combo and I bought it direct from Reverend in August '05.

The Club King amp has the guts of a Goblin in the cab of a Kingsnake. For those of you who know the Goblin, one of the most common comments is that it sounds great with an external cab and larger speaker, well, here is the perfect package all in one box. Spec is 4 x 12AX7s, 2 x 6V6, 1 x 12" speaker, 5/15w power switch, 3 way schizo, short tank reverb, 4/8/16 ohm outputs.

This is a prototype so it shows signs of being a test bed - some of the bolts show some screw-driver marks and there's an almost invisible tolex nick on the front left side. At present, I have an Ei 12AT7 and 3 x RI TungSol 12AX7 tubes in the pre-amp (nice and smooth, bit more headroom) and an Alltone 1250 speaker in the amp. I can return it to stock (EH 12AX7s and Jensen Neo) if you prefer. Original packaging, receipt, instructions with handwritten "Club King" and unused cover are included in the auction.

My opening bid is what I paid for the amp. Prices on these Reverend pieces are only going to go up, and this will be one of the best Reverend investments you can make.

FleaBay -> Reverend Club King Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220074972429&rd=1&rd=1)

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now ... :confused:

oldguy
January 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Beautifully crafted amp. You can bet the sound is just unbelievable, too.
I also noticed the 2 Reverend guitars in their other auctions.
The Black Cat w/ TWO p/g-p/u's to boot...$750...good deal for a US made Reverend.

Johnny Z
January 28th, 2007, 06:52 PM
As much as I like my Reverend Hellhound I wouldn't have paid more for it than I did used, which was about half the street price. I see Reverend amps are going up in price mostly because there arn't any more being made, it's not because there great amps, but they are great amps for what they are. I think I'll have this one a long time. :)

NPauly
January 29th, 2007, 12:38 AM
As much as I like my Reverend Hellhound I wouldn't have paid more for it than I did used, which was about half the street price. I see Reverend amps are going up in price mostly because there arn't any more being made, it's not because there great amps, but they are great amps for what they are. I think I'll have this one a long time. :)

Now this is something you don't hear every day. What is it about Reverend amps that you feel makes them so plain. Everyone else seems to live and die by these amps and since I don't personally own one I'm really interested in hearing more of your take on things.

kerc
January 29th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I'd love to have a nice Reverend combo. :D