PDA

View Full Version : Zakk Wylde - Pentatonic Hardcore

Big_Rob
January 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
This is AWESOME

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4015102018060625907&q=zack+wylde

Tone2TheBone
January 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Thats cool. Zakk is a great player. He talks more clearly without his facial hair. LMAO BTW...that Gibson sounds smokin'. Hell yeah!

marnold
January 25th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I didn't recognize him without that big ol' beard. The way he holds his pick is unmistakable though.He has some pentatonic instruction in the current GuitarOne too. There's a "blooper" video on there that's pretty funny too.

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I didn't recognize him without that big ol' beard. The way he holds his pick is unmistakable though.He has some pentatonic instruction in the current GuitarOne too. There's a "blooper" video on there that's pretty funny too.

Did you see the Guitar World video of him and that chick doin' beer wars? She spanked his arse! I was surprised with that.

Lev
January 25th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'd love to hear him play without all that distortion. I love an overdriven amp as much as the next man but I do find his tone a little overpowering. Having said that he has some great chops and I always loved that No More Tears solo.

Danzego
January 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Oohh...Zakk Wylde. My all time favorite guitarist!! :DR (there's my metal roots showing)

Too bad I live on the "outskirts" where I'm stuck on dialup....and BADLY working dialup, at that. No video watching for me. :mad:

I'd love to hear him play without all that distortion. I love an overdriven amp as much as the next man but I do find his tone a little overpowering. Having said that he has some great chops and I always loved that No More Tears solo.

Ever check out his Book of Shadows album, circa '96? IMO, that's some of his best work and the album is primarily an acoustic/non distorted electric one (though still with his classic tone electric solos).

I really loved his work in Ozzy and other stuff back then; it seems he always had great riffs and the perfect solos. But lately, as Black Label Society has kept chugging along, it seems like he's more concerned with just belting out warp speed solos and gruff vocals, acting like a bad *** and taking pictures with his mouth open, and not much more. Mind you, I still love all of his work, but it's like "the feelin's gone".

You HAVE to catch a few albums in particular if you like older Zakk with more feeling, Lev. I suggest Pride and Glory (kind of a southern rock/metal gig he did when he first left Ozzy), the aforementioned Book of Shadows (and I'm serious about this; it's really killer stuff), and the first Black Label Society album, which I consider more of a rock/metal album than the really heavy chug-a-lugging he's doing now. :)

Oh, and if you can find it online, try hunting out a video of a solo acoustic performance he did of his Pride and Glory tune, Machine Gun Man. It was like on Headbangers Ball or something. I don't remember. It's been awhile since I've seen that one.

Sorry for taking this topic just a wee bit off course, btw. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :o