PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

SuperSwede
December 31st, 2005, 06:15 PM
I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

marnold
December 31st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Same back atcha, although 2006 won't hit here for another 6.5 hours . . .

Katastrophe
January 1st, 2006, 12:28 AM
Here's wishing everyone has a happy, safe, exciting New Year filled with good health, prosperity and many, many guitars!:D

Tim
January 1st, 2006, 01:27 PM
I also want to extend my wish to all for a very good year for 2006. I spent the beginning of the New Year with family and some really close friends. We ate a lot of food and drank lightly. AT the stroke of midnight we drank champagne while we wished each other a prosperous and healthy year for 2006. I wish the same to all of you. May your fingers be nimble and your picking be quick.

tremoloman
January 2nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Happy New Year to all!
Let's make 2006 a good one!

I'm hoping Fender releases a Custom Shop Bass VI for 2006. <cross fingers>

Robert
January 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Happy New Year, everyone! Question - how many members will we have on this board by Dec 31, 2006?

Spudman
January 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
My new year has started off quite well and I hope all of you have the same good fortune.

A few friends and myself without a gig on New Years Eve decided to get together for a jam at a private rehearsal loft. Unknown to me many friends and family were invited so there was quite a crowd. We played, had fun, ate food, socailized etc. Then at the end of the night I was handed $60! Someone passed a hat and 5 of us each made that amount. Awesome! Especially since the brewery across the alley that we all turned down for a gig would only have paid us $30 each.

All-in-all a surprisingly nice way to get the year going.

warren0728
January 2nd, 2006, 02:01 PM
Happy New Year, everyone! Question - how many members will we have on this board by Dec 31, 2006?

I think this board will grow quite a bit this year....i enjoy the polite, adult type of behavior...it's not the quantity but the quality when it comes to TheFret!

ww

SuperSwede
January 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
I agree with Warren, this forum is so much nicer than any other on the net.
Sure, it would be great with more people but lets all hope that we are getting the "right" people, just check out Harmony Centrals forums, and you see what I mean... That is a very unfriendly community.

Tim
January 3rd, 2006, 06:09 AM
I do not visit Harmony Central (and others) anymore because of the vulgarity and lack of politeness. The world is ugly enough and I do not need to go and read the same on internet forums. I think if this forum is monitored and we all pitch in and help, this will stay a friendly and courteous place to visit. I enjoy this forum.

tremoloman
January 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
You guys are all right on the money. I truly have faith that our membership will grow exponentially in 2006. Word of mouth is the best way to recruit members as far as I'm concerned. As more and more “real” people discover us, the board will mature and expand.

Unlike other message boards, this one isn’t run like a Gestapo. We don’t beg for donations or just boot members just because we don’t agree with someone’s opinion. It's so refreshing to be able to come home and have a lively and adult-level discussion about all things musical each and every day.

TheFret.Net isn't the kind of board where people will just post anything like "Woooo!!! I got a new Strat!!!", "White or black tone knobs - which are better?", or “Got maple?” just to get attention. Quality over quantity is my preference.

I’ve created some custom Jimi Hendrix wallpapers that feature TheFret.Net logo that I will be distributing once I send them to Robert and he gives me the OK to upload them. For some reason, there aren’t many good Jimi Hendrix wallpapers on the net right now, so by spreading some cool wallpaper, the board will get a lot of exposure real soon.

I'm estatic about the members we have right now! :)