PDA

View Full Version : Rickenbackers, whose got one?

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Who here owns, has owned, or has played, a Rickenbacker? Any kind. I am especially curious about the 360 semi-hollowbody. After listening to a bunch of Beatles the last day or so, just had to find out a little more. :)

fendermojoman
February 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I don't have but I'm on the lookout for a CherryGlo 360 Lefthand!

There is a guitat shop near me that has 2 CherryGlo RH Clones for sale called "Riff". They are new and are $400 each. I played on 1 of them and they actually sounded really good and look just like the real thing!

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I'd love to play a Ric. Some folx say that the Godin Raditor (which I have) has a "ricish" sound. But they also say it is telelike, or gretchy, or kinda daneletric. I dunno having not played any of those others.

I'd love to play a Ric, please send me one. :D

sunvalleylaw
February 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I don't have but I'm on the lookout for a CherryGlo 360 Lefthand!

There is a guitat shop near me that has 2 CherryGlo RH Clones for sale called "Riff". They are new and are $400 each. I played on 1 of them and they actually sounded really good and look just like the real thing!

Cool! I'll need to keep my eye out for those when I get to some areas with some shops. Not much out here in Idaho.

fendermojoman
February 23rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cool! I'll need to keep my eye out for those when I get to some areas with some shops. Not much out here in Idaho.

I've never seen them anywhere else, there are 2 Cherry Glo ones at Superior Music in Mt. Juliet, TN just like the Ric 360/6 strings, same bridge and headstock too. If they were Lefty's I would buy one for myself.:p

Spudman
February 24th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Dude! Do you know how much a Ric costs? I stay away for fear that I'll want one if I play one. Or even worse, I'll want two.

Big_Rob
February 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I wish I could but they are out of my price range :(

sculpin
February 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Played a couple Rick (basses) that belonged to friends. Always wanted to get one and still have one on my list!

BTW - got to play with one of the Rickenbacker rep's and Chris Squire in a sound booth at a NAMM convention in the early 80's. I was BS'ing with the "Rick" dude and foolin' around with an axe and in walks Chris Squire. He was actually there to promote a line of products. Mind you, I wasn't the hugest YES fan, but when Chris Squire walks in and says, let's jam for a while... ... well, you friggn jam for a while! It was awsome, because no one else even entered the booth for a while. Then when people noticed who was in there, they were backed up 10 thick all the way around the (transparent) booth. I'll bet they were all thinking, who the heck is that guy playing with Chris Squire. Funny! There was probably rampant speculation that I was the new YES guitar player or something. Actually I was playing a bass, but you know what I mean!

Cool times...

Sculpin

OH! BTW - The Rick 4001's & 4003's have sweet action, smooth fretboard and neck and that punchy hearty Rickenbacker sound. I love em and I will have one someday.

Brian Krashpad
May 15th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Dude! Do you know how much a Ric costs? I stay away for fear that I'll want one if I play one. Or even worse, I'll want two.

I got this Ric 620 in an even trade for an Epi Flying V:

http://static.flickr.com/34/64187964_178d5e6b9c.jpg

The Epi I'd previously purchased used (w/ohsc) for $250! :eek: Now admittedly the V was in VG+ condition, and this '91 Ric has been rode hard and put away wet, with lots of dings, sticker "ghosts," surface rust (bridge), metal finish flake-off (tailpiece), but it's still playable.

So, "Never say never." ;) :D

sunvalleylaw
May 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Way Cool! Who cares if it has a little character. All the better! As you say, you never know. I am still being open to running across that back bedroom Martin rosewood dreadnought, aged just to perfection. I know they are around this town.

Brian Krashpad
May 15th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Way Cool! Who cares if it has a little character. All the better! As you say, you never know. I am still being open to running across that back bedroom Martin rosewood dreadnought, aged just to perfection. I know they are around this town.

They're out there!

The Ric was one of my better deals, just fell into my lap. I was actually trying to sell the Flying V to fund a different purchase I'd already made, and an old acquaintance from the local scene offered the trade. I had missed buying a similar Ric 620 (except in blue) a couple years earlier, also on the local market, for $400, for lack of funds, so I sussed my sideband lead singer to the deal and he bought it. So now we have matching 620's! Or mix-and-matching anyhow.

;)

Here's a pic of him playing his blue one:

http://a246.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00061/54/26/61176245_l.jpg