PDA

View Full Version : First recording from absolute stone beginner.

jasongins
January 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Here is my first recording ever. I did it with my Squier '51 and my new m-audio black box (set on preset 1 - "Basman"), using Apple Garageband 2 on my fairly low spec Mac Mini. The backing track is in A minor, and basically I am just moving around in an A minor pentatonic scale. I am an almost absolute beginner, and I really don't know how to play much more yet. I end this track very abruptly, and my playing is very elementary. Despite this, I am amazed at the ease with which one can make a recording and share it with others. I welcome your encouragement, criticism, laughter, whatever... This is too much fun. If anyone wants the backing track, let me know and I'll post it in the appropriate forum.

Click Here (http://www.box.net/public/gagpqsv5i9)

Spudman
January 25th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Right on bro. Keep at it. That was pretty cool, especially for the first time.

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Excellent! We newbies need to keep posting. Too good a resource here not too. Thanks for sharing.

Also, go ahead and link to the backing track if you have a chance.

Justaguyin_nc
January 26th, 2007, 02:11 AM
good job Jason..glad you got your feet wet... look forward to hearing more from you!!

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Very nice, Jason! For an "absolute stone beginner" I'd say you did a good job.
For a "first recording ever" I'd say you did a great job. Keep up the good work!:D :R

Jimi75
January 26th, 2007, 06:55 AM
I'd been pretty happy had my first recordings sounded like that!
Good Job Jason.

I am convinced that you will post other cool trax in the future.

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I'd been pretty happy had my first recordings sounded like that!
Good Job Jason.

I am convinced that you will post other cool trax in the future.

Me, too, Jimi, on both counts. The guitar/backing was mixed well and the playing was clean & at a good level, IMO. Very nice!:)

tot_Ou_tard
January 26th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Very sweet n' tasteful and well recorded too! Great job!

M29
January 26th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hello Jason,

Great job, nice feel and tastefully done. I am with ya, I am a beginner too and you will not find a better place to get er done then right here.
Lets hear more!

M29

Hogfullofblues
January 26th, 2007, 11:37 AM
WTG! Clean playin and bluesy feel. The ice is broken. Keep on playin and posting. And do post the backing track, please.

warren0728
January 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
nice job....garageband is a great program....looking forward to hearing more from you :DR

ww

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah real nice for a first recording! Dont you just love Garageband? :)
Very jazzy feeling.

jasongins
January 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'll say this for garageband - I read hardly any documenation to do that. It was literally a one hour time span from the moment I opened the m-audio black box to the time I finished recording the track. This included the time it took to do a firmware update on the black box to make it the "reloaded" version. I am thinking about getting a book on garageband so I can learn more about it.

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2007, 01:51 AM
here is two links to get you started:

http://comtechlab.iupui.edu/tutorialsfolder/garageband.html
http://macs.about.com/cs/ilife/a/garageband_link.htm