PDA

View Full Version : new guitar at my house... Version 2...

carp3nt3r
January 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Well i bought a peavey raptor plus exp via ebay, and this guy actually sent me the guitar !! I got a great deal on it, it arrived quickly, and except for a small crack in the neck pup cover and likely a poor solder joint on the jack its in great shape. I never knew a guitar could be that dirty though. I spent an hour cleaning it and restrung it with boomer 10-46 strings. It is a sweet guitar to play, I am very happy with it, the only problem is, I actually bought it for my son. hehehe My wife has hinted that when our taxes come back i might be able to snag a fender mim strat if the prices dont go up by then.

Til then Im gonna help son keep this peavey busy ! The pups dont sound great hooked directly to the amp, but my amp is a little cheepie so that may be why. it sounds much better thru my bad monkey pedal. new thread to follow " carp's GAS THERAPY takes a bad turn".

carp3nt3r

Tone2TheBone
January 25th, 2007, 10:43 PM
That's tremendous! Congrats to your son man! I'm pretty sure the prices on MIMs will stay linear until past April. :)

kerc
January 26th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Nice! As I've said before, Raptors are solid guitars, and have great value for the money.

Congrats.:)