PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite modeling for recording "amph"

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Oldguy suggested I post this question. I've been talking with him and a few others about their recording modelers. What I'd like to know is what you use and why do you think it's the best. Name some great features for those of us thinking about investing in a unit. Cost of units etc.

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, here we go:

http://www.activemusician.com/images/store/small/EM_VOX-TONELAB.gif

Vox Tonelab:

Price: List price 600usd but 299.95 usd from ZZsounds seems to be the current cheapest price.

Unique features: It does use a 12ax7 tube for its fantastic valve reactor technology.

Why this is the best unit today: It simply creates awesome emulations of the most sought after classic tube amps, anything from twangin´tweed to screaming Marshall solos :R
Also, the very amp-like user interface makes this modeler a breeze even for the non-techie guitarist, there is no hidden sub-menus at all.

Whats bad with this unit:
No solid state modeling (I´m not joking, some of use actually like that!! :D )
Some of the built in pedal effects are average, especially the acoustic sim & compressor.

Jimi75
January 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I just recently bought the Line6 Toneport.

Price: 129€ - approx. 99USD

The Toneport consist of a Hardware component which is the toneport and is nothing else than a very fast soundcard that let you record in superb quality, plus the Gearbox Software where you can chose from a huge variety of Amps, boxes and effects. Also it has a feature called direct monitoring, so you have almost no latency or at least the human ear can not hear the latency.

What's cool about it:
No more Amp standing around in my room. The modeling is over the top, especially the Bassman and Line6's own amp creations. With the software you have an online tuner and a full programmable metronom! Furthermore you have a window where you just press tone library. Gearbox connects with the internet, you type in a name e.g. "Clapton" and it gives you a variety of Clapton sounds. Then just click "get the tone" and it opens up immediately in your gearbox. Furthermore you have 5 bassamp models plus vocal preamps!

This is so fantastic and amazing!

What is not so cool about it?
It makes you an adict sooner as you want to understand. No I am just kidding!

This recording tool is the best and I mean the best price value you can get! The sounds are really unbelievable and I am very pedantic with guitar amp sounds!

Spudman
January 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'll second Jimi's pick. The Toneport is a very versatile and simple to use machine. It's easy to find a place for and patches for as well. It sounds great.

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Spuds, could you give us a little info on your V-amp? I think that this informative thread could be a nice sticky for new players.

*edit* I asked oldguy to move this into the modeling section. I also made it to a sticky post. Feel free to add more info!

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 03:00 PM
OK. Digitech RP-250, their website has lots of info.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_product_start.asp?productid=226

Here's what I like about it. :D
Amp models. 5 Fenders,4 Marshalls,2 Vox, 1 HiWatt, 2 Mesa's, 1Matchless, 5Digitech(their own models of modelers), dreadnaught acoustic sim, and direct (no amp). Do they sound just like the real thing? Nope. Can they be tweaked to get close? I think so, I haven't heard all these amps side by side comparison-wise.
Dist.. 13models, ts-9,ts-808,Guyatone,Rat,MXR,Boss,ArbiterFuzzFace,BigMuff, more
I'm not gonna go into every model of every effect, it's too long a list. Suffice it to say there's plenty of tweaking possible, and neccesary, IMO. But spend some time doing the tweaks, and there's some awesome tone in there, I promise.
Cab. simulations, EQ, all the standard effects, wah models, and more.
Built in tuner, 60 drum patterns, plus metronome, and USB to computer.
The expression pedal can be linked to almost any 1 parameter of any effect. I enjoy being able to adjust speed, or depth, or pan of tremelo, dist, phaser, reverb, gain, volume on amps, you name it, it's a nice feature. Plus it doubles as a wah, stomp down on the toe, it's the wah you choose (Crybaby, Clyde,etc), stomp again, back to expression parameter you set.
I believe the X-Edit feature is my favorite, and I didn't think I'd use it!
Download the free drivers, hook it up USB, and tweak presets quick and easy, then save 'em to your computer, the choice is yours to load them onto the unit or not. I think the RP-250 section of the online sound community has about 150 user patches so far. I've downloaded most of them, I found a few I liked. You can preview them by running them through the unit and listening to them, if you like them you go to "device" and "store". Otherwise leave 'em on your computer to tweak another day.
I think I'm getting some really good sounds out of this unit, but it took some tweaking, and the X-Edit is lots easier than knob twisting, plus it offers more flexibility (more EQ'ing, etc) than the knobs alone. Without it you're only getting about 75% of what the unit can do.
And it's $150.

Here's what I don't like:mad:
Digitech Whammy...doesn't track smooth, if you're "whammying" (is that a word?) up or down an octave, it "warbles", unless you sweep the pedal fast
Bass sim...same thing, more than one note at a time and the "bass" sound becomes a "BwAAhhWHATthefnote do you want from me????" sound.
The 60 user presets that can be edited are clones of the next factory 60 that can't be edited, and about 40 of them are sh*t, IMO. So you get about 20 good presets right outta the box, and 40 more you can make good, and 20 more factory that are good, and 40 you can't do a damn thing with. I guess 60 good user presets are plenty, I haven't got that many tweaked yet, but still it's a waste of 40, IMO.
And finally, lest anyone think I'm pushing anybody else to buy Digitech....and to answer Tone's original post.
This IS what I use.
I don't think it's the best. There are modelers out there that cost 10X as much. There's a reason why.
I do think it's the best bang for the buck, and was available in my part of the world when I wanted one. Ever have the GAS so bad you can't wait 5 days for UPS to show up? I have.:p

Seriously, there are many fine modelers out there nowadays in all price ranges. And there's no reason to limit yourself. Buy what you like today, and tomorrow go compare and buy something else. I've got four amphs and love 'em all. Why should modeling amphs be any different?:cool:

Spudman
January 26th, 2007, 03:35 PM
The VAmp 2 is essentially a bunch of amps in a little blue box. It doesn't have a lot of effect parameters like a POD, but still it's got most everything you need for a modeling amp with effects. It's simple yet effective. I've heard plenty of great sounding songs where this was the only amp.

The specs can be found at http://www.behringer.com/V-AMP2/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Like all modelers, patches for it can be found all over the web. There are also at least 3 computer interfaces available for free. This makes editing via computer a snap. You do however need 2 midi cables and a midi interface for your sound card to use the onscreen editing function. Also, like every other modeler out there, the real proof of sound quality can only really be found out by editing your own patches. Choose an amp - dial in some effects (or not) - play. It's pretty quiet, but my house AC is not, so I get some hum on my recordings. There is a built in noise gate that works very well.

It comes with a Codura padded carry bag and a foot pedal for incrementing patches up and down. All this for around $99. So, for the cost of single effect pedal you can have a whole lot of amps and effects to either play through an amplifier or into a computer for recording. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
FANTASTIC , info gentelmen .. thanks for taking the time .. those who have read my posts have no doubt become aware of my fanaticism for tubage and vintage tone , but believe it or not I am looking hard at venturing into the modeling arena .. but like most ,i find the choices a little overwhelming ,.
I think what we are seeing in the area of guitar and sound amplification is no so much an evolution as a revolution, the future is now .. I remain steadfast in my belief that vintage tube tone is undeniably sweeter but there is no denying that the time has come to adjust the blinders and see just what is available and just how good it really is , that and the price and scarcity of original vintage tube gear it only makes sense to look to modeling as a way to achieve the tone and keep the old stuff at home and off the road just to protect it from wear and tear and possible theft etc .. anyway great thread and bring on the information ..I'm all ears .

Spudman
January 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM
6S9L
If you are curious how modelers sound in the hands of professionals...The last two Porcupine Tree albums, Deadwing and In Absentia have the POD XT throughout them. Also, the latest The Flower Kings album Paradox Hotel has modeler all over it, but you can't tell where and Roine isn't telling either. He is one of the ultimate tone guys and very picky about guitar sound since he's produced and played on about a gazillion albums.

Edit: I almost forgot. Any Ayreon album features POD Pro exclusively for the guitars. They sound amazing.

This goes to show that in that environment it almost doesn't make a difference which you use, amp or modeler. The results speak for themselves.

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Gentlemen, for your consideration...
Take an amph, (my 65 Blackface Super, for instance)...
Add a modeler...
I don't want to destroy the sound of my vintage amph...
Turn the amph models off...add the effects you like..(dual chorus, TS808, Lexicon Reverb, instead of the Fender tank, some slight compression, maybe a hint of delay, either digital or analog modeled type...)...
Set the expression pedal to control the depth of the chorus, or the level of the distortion, or the regeneration of the delay, or whatever suits you...
Try this playing live, and I believe you have the best of both worlds.
Modelers have a great sound for direct recording, and can sound awesome live as well. However, if you are addicted (as I am) to the touch/feel of a tube amph cranked to the sweet spot of even order harmonics, bordering on a "WHUMPH!" of air pounding your chest ever not-so-slightly(make sense so far?) I believe if you take this taste-test live you will be hooked!:D
This is what I was talking to Tone about when we discussed starting this thread.

Spudman
January 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Modelers have a great sound for direct recording, and can sound awesome live as well. However, if you are addicted (as I am) to the touch/feel of a tube amph cranked to the sweet spot of even order harmonics, bordering on a "WHUMPH!" of air pounding your chest ever not-so-slightly(make sense so far?) I believe if you take this taste-test live you will be hooked!:D
This is what I was talking to Tone about when we discussed starting this thread.

So does anyone get this happening when playing a modeling amph live?

Tone2TheBone
January 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I agree with 6 here....thanks you guys for giving so much information on your units. This helps beginning modellers like ME in a big way!

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks everone for your posts. Could someone with a POD post some info as well?

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Speaking of POD....there's a used "original POD" at MGR for $99.00....it's not the PODxt but just regular POD....is this a decent unit?

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 04:27 AM
Is it the Pod 1.0 or 2.0 ?

Spudman
January 31st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Whatever POD you get make sure that it has a USB port. You'll want one.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 09:44 AM
I don't know what model it is...it's burgundy like the XT and looks almost the same. The guy at the store told me it was like the generation before the XT (he has the new Bass PODxt??) and he did say that it's got USB out and I could download patches and stuff for it still. Does that sound right? I know NOT-TING about these things.

Edited to add:

Based on Ebay searches I'm pretty sure it's the 2.0 model. But I only see mention of Midi cable out and not USB. But shouldn't there be a regular 1/4" jack out? I can just run the unit out to my soundcard like that. I do that with my Shure mic now anyway and it sounds great. What do you guys think?

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 10:25 AM
The Pod 2.0 sounds good, but it obviously doesnt have a real display (which is very very handy). Otherwise its a good modeler (not up to par with the latest Vox & Line6 offerings though)

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Well it's only $99 and right now that's the appeal. But I'm getting decent recording levels mic'ing the amph so I'll go old school until I can get something new and GOOD.

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 10:57 AM
For 99 dollars its a steal, and I bet that you can get your money back on ebay if you decide to upgrade later.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 11:07 AM
For 99 dollars its a steal, and I bet that you can get your money back on ebay if you decide to upgrade later.

You think that's a good price for it then? That is what I was wondering. Hey you're right I can always unload it later if I wanted to. +1 dude.

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 11:27 AM
You think that's a good price for it then? That is what I was wondering. Hey you're right I can always unload it later if I wanted to. +1 dude.

The 2.0 POD is definately worth 99usd.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
The 2.0 POD is definately worth 99usd.

After lunch I'm gonna zoom by Music Go Round and see if it's still there. Hopefully it IS a 2.0. I'll see if they have a set of headphones I can run that puppy through. Wouldn't that be a better way to test it out instead of running it through an amph that would color the original sound or does it not matter?

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2007, 01:42 PM
You should play through headphones.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM
You should play through headphones.

Glad I took your advice. I bought it and it kills through headphones. Well I put half down on it to hold it until this weekend when I get paid.

It's the POD 2.0. Midi out but it's got 2 - 1/4" outputs. It will work. It sounded really good on an American Strat with maple neck. Wonderful clean sounds...good effects in stereo...a noise gate...overdrive and full recto modes are good too. Turned the single coil Strat into a blazing buzzing monster. I went through every turn on the amp model knobs and effects knobs and if I can't find some sounds I can use from it then I ain't worth a dang. ;) :D

SuperSwede
February 1st, 2007, 12:59 AM
Congrats Tone! I´m looking forward to hear some clips! :)

sunvalleylaw
February 7th, 2007, 04:00 PM
The local store has a Korg AX10G with a price tag of $199 on it. Store owner, who also sells Vox, claims it is very much like a Tonelab (built by the same people) but smaller and without a tube. What do you guys think? Swede, you owned a Toneworks unit before your Tonelab, did you not?

jasongins
February 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Given my novice status, I am in no position to give people advice. However, I'd be willing to share with you my experience with my M-Audio Black Box.
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/product_pics/th/black_box_main_th.jpg

I chose it for a few reasons: Many amp models and effects, assuming you download and install the free firmware update making it a Black Box "Reloaded", has a few bass amps, approximately 100 built in drum rythms, USB port for computer connection, very low system requirements, has microphone input jack, and affordable price ($179 from musiciansfriend, free shipping, includes the $50 pedal board as a "free gift") . I use it with my low spec Mac Mini to record with garageband. Since my Mac Mini is of low spec and has no audio input, the USB connection was critical for me. I would have needed to upgrade my OS to use a Line6 PodXT. That drove the cost out of reach for me in terms of getting a PodXT. The amp models sound good to my ears, with lots of variety, but again I am no expert on if they truly sound like what they are modeling. The unit can stand alone from the computer, has a headphone jack and stereo audio out jacks, and includes Ableton Live Lite recording software which I have not yet explored. I am also able to set the Black Box on "bypass" and connect it to the line out on my VOX AD30VT. I find it relatively easy to operate, and the display is legible and bright. It has a lot of special effects some may find gimmicky and useless, while others may take inspiration from them. I am sure it is no PodXT, and the tone swapping community is not nearly as robust, but it seems to suit my purposes....for now ;)

SuperSwede
February 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
The local store has a Korg AX10G with a price tag of $199 on it. Store owner, who also sells Vox, claims it is very much like a Tonelab (built by the same people) but smaller and without a tube. What do you guys think? Swede, you owned a Toneworks unit before your Tonelab, did you not?

I had the AX10G before the tonelab, its a great little unit. But I think that 199usd is a little bit expensive, they have it for about 100usd new here.

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I kind of thought so. I keep trying to find ways to support the local store, but he is just way overpriced sometimes.

Blueswaite
July 31st, 2007, 05:57 PM
I record with my Vox AD120VT. Love the sounds and ease of use.

333maxwell
August 1st, 2007, 12:37 AM
Oldguy suggested I post this question. I've been talking with him and a few others about their recording modelers. What I'd like to know is what you use and why do you think it's the best. Name some great features for those of us thinking about investing in a unit. Cost of units etc.

I suggest if it is your first mdeler to buy the most inexpensive.. *L*

Seriously though, I bought one of these for 65 bucks http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-X-VAMP-Floor-Unit-Guitar-Processor?sku=480732 ANd I admit, I have never used the Wah or expression pedal because I am afraid it will break..

But I found out I was not a full fledged modeler kind of guy..

I am glad I got the lil Behringer.. for my hobby recordings it does just fine.. NO MODELER IS GOING TO GIVE YOU BALLS TO THE WALL FEEDBACK< VOLUME PLAYING OFF STRINGS TONE>.

I sometimes wish I had better tones, but shoot, the thing has many amp models (and for clean non distorted tones it does a goood faxcimile of them) dozens of FX and time based FX, a Tuner, a wah and expression pedal for 65 bucks..

As I learn more about modelers, I may of been less impressed with a 350 dollar modeler and what it can do, than a 65 dollar modeler and what it delivers..

I've used it for every guitar tone on my page DIRECTLY into my computer soundcard..

This aint really saying much.. except that for 65 bucks, it sounds pretty darn good..
_________

SOooooo

after all my BS,,. again, the best modeler I have found for me, is the least expensive one.. you can see I actualy use it right here in the pic..
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/333maxwell/guitar2.jpg

jpfeifer
August 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
Right now I'm using a Vox Tonelab for recording. My only other comparison is the original Line6 POD (version 1.0) that I replaced with the Tonelab.

I really like the Tonelab because it sounds very close to a real amp, and it has a certain amount of feel (natural compression) that a real amp would have. It's not perfect, but it comes close if you spend time dialing in your sound.

-- Jim

Justaguyin_nc
August 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Gentlemen, for your consideration...
Take an amph, (my 65 Blackface Super, for instance)...
Add a modeler...
I don't want to destroy the sound of my vintage amph...
Turn the amph models off...add the effects you like.

When I started here a few years back, I went thru a few modellers and modelling amps, Vamp, J-station, zoom, cyber-champ, vox da-5 and they are all gone except the da-5 because its a battery amp. They are all neat, don't get me wrong.. they just don't sound as good as pedals to me.

Oldguy said it right imho... find the effects you like but turn off the amph models! I have since found sounds I like thru the pedals as they don't sound like it..it is it.. more expensive.. but its a sound you don't complain about .. you just use it...without dialing an hour to get it.

If you need the direct in to your computer due to not being able to make noise in da house..get a Weber mass.. set speakers off.. go lineout.. you now have a complete silent modelling setup..:)

With that said..Modelers helped me figure out which effects I like..
I do like a cheap (used about 30 bucks) Zoom 505-II which again Oldguy turned me on to.. I like using it for the Acoustic model and thats about it.. The effects are good on it.. just not pedals.. but at least I still have one..:)

guitartist
August 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
I have an original POD 1.0 and the Korg Ampworks. I like the Ampworks a little more than the POD, to my ears its tone is a little better, especially on the "Fender" and "Vox" type sounds (for the Marshall tones, I think the POD nails them better). I do a little 4-track recording with them but mostly just do a lot of late-night playing through headphones with them.

I also use the Ampworks as a pre-amp for my Pignose a lot, a set-up which sounds great played in stereo with my Vox DA-5 amp. Korg is owned by Vox, and for the Vox DA-5 amp, they more-or-less just simplified the Ampworks features some and built them into the amp...with the Ampworks modeling though, you have the options for different "head" sounds and different "cabinet" sounds, and that really makes a difference. Neither the Da-5 or the POD 1.0 gives you the option to switch "heads" and "cabs" and you can really get some nice different sounds that way.

I wish the modelers gave you more control over effects...many effects you cannot combine. With the Korg Ampworks, you can't combine reverb and trem for example, which is frustrating because you can get a pretty good fender tone and I like to play a lot of surf-type stuff. They corrected this on the DA-5, they have a combined reverb/trem setting but unforthunately the Fender tones aren't quite as "there" as they are on the Ampworks.

In general though I agree that pedals sound better than modellers, especially the higher-end pedals through a good amp - But modellers are sure convenient and give you a lot of bang for the buck.

sumitomo
January 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM
This is good info for me heck I just started using internet a yr ago(still dont have a clue how to post a pic let alone how to record something and post a sound clip? so keep this info coming Im soaking it up you guys are great. Sumi

markb
January 13th, 2008, 01:37 AM
The last "direct box" device I used for recording was a Mesa V-twin pedal. It gave a very nice fender-ish clean and two levels of drive. This was however a valve preamp/distortion box with a pair of 12AX7s in it and worked fantastically as an emergency amp on one occasion when my Vibrolux decided to sulk. The Sansamps are quite good for this too, I had a Tri-AC.

TS808
June 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I use a Line 6 POD XT for recording and really like it. Sometimes though it really doesn't seem to give that "mic'd amp" sound though. Nonetheless, some of the models are very good!!

Suhnton
June 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I have a POD 2. To be honest, I don't think it sounds very authentic. You can get some decent sounds out of it, but as far as replicating classic amps, that's a different story. But IDK, once you add all the extra processing (FX, compression, EQ) and then a bunch of other instruments, the finer details just get masked anyway.

I also use a bunch of sim VSTs:

SimuAnalog JCM900 and Fender Twin
BTE Audio TS-808
Aradaz

These are all free. The TS-808 sim is very good.

deeaa
March 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I'd strongly suggest anybody with a DAW to check out Amplitube 3.

It really doesn't work all that well when playing into it, but if you record a dry guitar and then apply Amplitube as a plugin onto it, it's nothing short of incredible IMO. Because you can tweak the sound ad nauseam _completely_ you can really dial in tones you'd have to spend weeks with in front of an amp. Any effect combo as well at a click of a mouse, and all 100% reversible and changeable at any time, nothing committed to track.

Our guitarist records _everything_ these days so that whatever rig he plays through, the signal is also split into two right at the start so that he records also a completely dry signal. When it's all done, he says, 99% of the time he'll end up only using the Amplitube sound after all, perhaps mixing in some of his rig to create another doubled track.

That's what I've been doing with the latest songs...and the resuts sure make me smile so far. I could _never_ record such nice sounds 'live' unless I had a million-dollar studio and days of time - but these I get in 10 seconds flat with no gear whatsoever but the DAW and a guitar with a cord.

Here's a quick demo I did for a new song, just last night recorded the guitars...and it was a matter of just playing it thru and then quickly pull some amp models on the plugin. It's pretty low drive all the way thru and really boring since it has no lyrics, just mumbled something over it as I played, and drums yet...at 2:40 there is a bridge part but no solo as of yet. But I'm using maybe 5 different Amplitube presets on the song.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/lzm/CanWait/canwait_evennewer_drumless.mp3

guitartango
March 30th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Deaa

Great idea , what i tend to do is recorded the guitar with overdrive then put it though guitar rig. Create two tracks by coping the wav file and then assign each track to a different amp and effects. On the second track i add a slight delay and then pan each track to the left and right.

This creates a great sounding song and sounds like two guitar players in unison.

deeaa
March 30th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Indeed, I have also used Guitar Rig like that. Also on bass etc. it is great...but now I've switched over to Amplitube 3. They are very similar though, basically.

Spudman
March 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Everything recorded on my links below was done with one of these. It does a great job and they can now be found dirt cheap.

http://www.vincenzofiore.net/info/images/effects/behringer_v-amp_pro.jpg

deeaa
March 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Definitely getting some real nice tones with it Spud...nice indeed!

FrankenFretter
March 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I have been advised that using a tube mic preamp is vital to a good recording. Any truth to that?

deeaa
March 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I have been advised that using a tube mic preamp is vital to a good recording. Any truth to that?

IMO, not much. I do use a dbx 378 tube preamp for most anything I record but an el cheapo tube pre will only make it worse, not better. Most really really good pres are not tube.

BUT a good tube pre can give it nice warmth and presence.

deeaa
March 30th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I have a POD 2. To be honest, I don't think it sounds very authentic. You can get some decent sounds out of it, but as far as replicating classic amps, that's a different story. But IDK, once you add all the extra processing (FX, compression, EQ) and then a bunch of other instruments, the finer details just get masked anyway.

I also use a bunch of sim VSTs:

SimuAnalog JCM900 and Fender Twin
BTE Audio TS-808
Aradaz

These are all free. The TS-808 sim is very good.

I agree, and also...a pod xt is IMO a big improvement over 2.0. But the x3 is not much better than 2.0. It seems, with the 2 you best use some speaker emulators as well.

Elijah
August 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Behringer GM110..inexpensive, has DI and the clean channel is superb.

deeaa
August 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Anybody know how does the GX110 compare with the GM?

The Grand Vizier
April 21st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Everything recorded on my links below was done with one of these. It does a great job and they can now be found dirt cheap.

http://www.vincenzofiore.net/info/images/effects/behringer_v-amp_pro.jpg

Hey Spudman I realize this an old post but I only just spotted it & had a listen to your songs on Soundclick.
Just like to say great playing & singing mate I especially loved your Day of The Eagle cover as I am a big Trower fan & that was a top effort.:applause

Spudman
April 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hey Spudman I realize this an old post but I only just spotted it & had a listen to your songs on Soundclick.
Just like to say great playing & singing mate I especially loved your Day of The Eagle cover as I am a big Trower fan & that was a top effort.:applause

Why thank you good sir. :smile-us:

The Grand Vizier
September 22nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
I was not a big fan of modeling software I have had some of the early Zoom pedals & it was fizzy central. Now I have Line6 Podfarm initially I thought it was ordinary but after spending a bit of time setting up amps/pedals/cabs/mics etc I think it is quite brilliant, not compared to my tube amp but very good for headphone/recording purposes.
For the money, not a brass razoo! (Free download Podfarm via Line6 Monkey ) Plus I brought an expansion pak, I reckon it is a bargain.