PDA

View Full Version : AD30VT video

tot_Ou_tard
January 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Look n' listen:

http://www.gearwire.com/vox-ad30-vt.html

duhvoodooman
January 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Wow, sounds just like me!! :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, that's not a bad demo of the AD30VT.

Spudman
January 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Uh oh! That sounded too good. Crud, just when I thought I was set with gear. Curse you tOt. You rascally side dish.

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Sounds good Tot, but what have you done to your hair?? Mohawk?
Good example of the nice sounds you can get from the AD30vt amp :)

Lev
January 27th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Great amp, great guitarist, great demo.... thanks for posting

tot_Ou_tard
January 27th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Sounds good Tot, but what have you done to your hair?? Mohawk?
Good example of the nice sounds you can get from the AD30vt amp :)

No that's a Fauxhawk. :D

"I" scrunch it all up like that when I want to feel coool.

Sblack
March 10th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Uh oh! That sounded too good. Crud, just when I thought I was set with gear. Curse you tOt. You rascally side dish.

I guess I am going to GC today to check one out again. I joined this forum to get some honest inside ideas about gear, but here I am filling up with GAS . . . again. Oh well. I need a 1x10 combo.

I was thinking about the new Peavey Envoy 110, but this Vox is the same price and offers way more tone options. I am a little skiddish about the reliability issues reported on HC reviews, though.

Any inside scoop on this amp's ability to just quit at the gig?

Robert
March 10th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I have the 50 watt version, and no problems at all. I have heard others mention issues, but I've never experienced any.

marnold
March 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
In many of the cases that I've heard about, the line out jack goes bad and that causes the speaker to cut out. I've also heard that spritzing it with some contact cleaner and putting a cable in and out of the jack a couple of times does the trick. I've never personally experienced this.

stingx
March 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I guess I am going to GC today to check one out again. I joined this forum to get some honest inside ideas about gear, but here I am filling up with GAS . . . again. Oh well. I need a 1x10 combo.

I was thinking about the new Peavey Envoy 110, but this Vox is the same price and offers way more tone options. I am a little skiddish about the reliability issues reported on HC reviews, though.

The whole reason why I am afraid to pick up the 30,50, or 60 myself. I would want to take it to jams and practices and make it part of my live sound but I don't know if I could rely on it every time. It's one thing to have it in a studio for recording or for bedroom use but how well do these things really hold up to performances? Does anyone gig with one weekly? I know, lots of questions :D

duhvoodooman
March 10th, 2007, 10:01 AM
The whole reason why I am afraid to pick up the 30,50, or 60 myself. I would want to take it to jams and practices and make it part of my live sound but I don't know if I could rely on it every time. It's one thing to have it in a studio for recording or for bedroom use but how well do these things really hold up to performances? Does anyone gig with one weekly? I know, lots of questions :D
I'd suggest that you check out Valvetronix.net (http://www.valvetronix.net/forum/index.php) or Patchtronix.com (http://www.patchtronix.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewforum&f=2) on this topic. Those sites specialize in the Vox Valvetronix amps and I know there are several gigging musicians as forum regulars....

tot_Ou_tard
March 10th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Speaking of Valvetronix: check out this thread discussing how to mod the Valvereactor circuit!

http://www.valvetronix.net/forum/looking-for-cleaner-sound-from-ads-valve-vt836.html

Robert
March 10th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I have done at least 25 gigs with mine, and never any problems.

Sblack
March 10th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I went to GC today and demoed the AD30VT, but I did not fall in love with it. There were some great tones in there, but it did not have the "tones" I was listening for. I did, however, find something I really liked -- the Line 6 Spider III 30. I know there are many haters when it comes to the Line 6 stuff, but I really liked the Clean and Crunch settings and was able to make them speak. I am going to order one on line.