PDA

View Full Version : "The Open Door"

FrankAxtell
January 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Here's my latest work . I call it "The Open Door".
I used my Gibson ES-335 and ES-775 into a '65 Fender Super Reverb. All effects and instruments were done in Logic Pro.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=518251&songID=4930729

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I liked it!:D Sort of laid back and dreamy, to my ears, and resolved not when I expected it to, but when it should !
Question...
When I linked to it, "Artist" showed "Frank Axtell Quartet".
I wondered if you do the studio work yourself and have a live band that performs as a quartet as well?

FrankAxtell
January 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I liked it!:D Sort of laid back and dreamy, to my ears, and resolved not when I expected it to, but when it should !
Question...
When I linked to it, "Artist" showed "Frank Axtell Quartet".
I wondered if you do the studio work yourself and have a live band that performs as a quartet as well?
Yes I'm in 2 jazz/fusion quartets. "The Frank Axtell Quartet "and also The Inner Court". We perform in the Miami to Palm Beach music scene. We play covers and original music, stuff like Weather Report, Miles Davis, Monk, Hendrix, Joe Henderson etc... Thanks for the listen!

oldguy
January 26th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Cool, Frank, I didn't know that! It must keep you busy. Very nice tune, BTW.

Jimi75
January 27th, 2007, 06:13 AM
The effects were nice and smooth. A very laid back feeling and a great guitar tone. Very good and professionel work. I like it that besides all Jazz you do not lose the focus for a melody that repeats and makes this a beautiful song.

Superb Frank - and you got a really high position at soundclick, wow!

FrankAxtell
January 27th, 2007, 07:19 AM
The effects were nice and smooth. A very laid back feeling and a great guitar tone. Very good and professionel work. I like it that besides all Jazz you do not lose the focus for a melody that repeats and makes this a beautiful song.

Superb Frank - and you got a really high position at soundclick, wow!
Hey thanks so much...the Soundclick thing, very cool. I had just started posting on it again in the last few days. I guess all my hard work is finally paying off...lol